View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 05:23 PM   #42
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Which Version? =)

I would go out on a limb and say that tehy didn't overdub at all on the live version. If they did it would sound awkward because of the different room accoostics, microphone, speaker cabinet and EQ. I'm not saying it's easy to tell the difference between one and another blind, but singing on a stage of an auditorium full of people sounds very different from singing in a studio, (the stage echoes) and any change from live stage to studio overdub would, in the context of it being in the middle of the song, stick out like a soar thumb. If anything, they woudl have dubbed in keyboard parts, although dubbing guitar and bass is also possible (The guitar inputs get captured right off the soundboard, so they're "sterile" of venue accoostics so they'd be much easier to overdub. Drums have the same problem vocals do, just to a lesesr degree. I think it's pretty darn unlikely that they dubbed anything at all, though.) ...Actually, if I knew that there was one part of hte song that was dubbed and i had to guess which one (which I don't) I would guess it would be the bass drum hits after "Why are you runnin'?" They sound a little odd.