View Single Post
Croma
02-09-2012, 07:19 PM

Arrived late due to an emergency, but made it in time for pushit. Had to kick fuckers out of our seats.....twice. Sound was excellent, everyone on point.

I have never seen anyone fill in on Lateralus except for drummers and Tom Morello, so I was kinda surprised when the bassist and guitarist from YOB joined in. They weren't that great though, but I'm sure they are good friends of the band.

Oh yeah - when the popcorn dropped JC belly dived into, began making snow angels (or popcorn angels I guess) and throwing it all over himself....really funny. Maynard stayed on stage a long time, fist pounded adam jones, waved to the crowd, polished Danny Carey's gong cymbol. All the other band members stayed on stage a long time waving to the crowd and hugging each other, it was cool.

I was so pissed I bumped into some Tool fans at IHOP and asked if the band had played Ticks and Leeches and they said yes - so relieved to find out I only missed Sober, not nearly as upset now. Obviously they didn't know the names of half the songs.

Please come further south next tour! Birmingham, New Orleans, and Pensacola miss you!

Last edited by Croma; 02-09-2012 at 07:21 PM..
Old 02-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #31
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.08.2012 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnet Arena

Arrived late due to an emergency, but made it in time for pushit. Had to kick fuckers out of our seats.....twice. Sound was excellent, everyone on point.

I have never seen anyone fill in on Lateralus except for drummers and Tom Morello, so I was kinda surprised when the bassist and guitarist from YOB joined in. They weren't that great though, but I'm sure they are good friends of the band.

Oh yeah - when the popcorn dropped JC belly dived into, began making snow angels (or popcorn angels I guess) and throwing it all over himself....really funny. Maynard stayed on stage a long time, fist pounded adam jones, waved to the crowd, polished Danny Carey's gong cymbol. All the other band members stayed on stage a long time waving to the crowd and hugging each other, it was cool.

I was so pissed I bumped into some Tool fans at IHOP and asked if the band had played Ticks and Leeches and they said yes - so relieved to find out I only missed Sober, not nearly as upset now. Obviously they didn't know the names of half the songs.

Please come further south next tour! Birmingham, New Orleans, and Pensacola miss you!

Last edited by Croma; 02-09-2012 at 07:21 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote