View Single Post
godhenry
02-02-2012, 06:43 AM

Have to agree with biff. Having gone to both Camden and ER, the show at Camden was definitely more magical, more energetic all around. I've seen Pushit a few times (from this tour and previous), and MJK delivered the most powerful and compelling performance at Camden. And people talking during Intension? Maybe it's not avoidable given that people on average are just annoying and cannot enjoy some serenity when presented at a rock concert.

Having said all that, I really think the drum-off made up most of the shortfalls. It was one of the best drum-off I've seen by far; the next best would be the one with the drummer from Meshuggah back in the Lateralus tour. Typically, the drum-off only takes place during the Lateralus breakdown, but last night the guest drummer stayed to play the rest of the song and ride the concert to climax with Danny through the end of the song. The drummer was so psyched when they were finished and kept raising his fist in satisfaction. That just put a big smile on my face.

Maynardism: "Who won?" pointed at Danny, "Did you win?" Looking at both Danny and the guest drummer, said to the crowd, "We all win."

Indeed.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38
Re: 02.01.2012 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Centre

Have to agree with biff. Having gone to both Camden and ER, the show at Camden was definitely more magical, more energetic all around. I've seen Pushit a few times (from this tour and previous), and MJK delivered the most powerful and compelling performance at Camden. And people talking during Intension? Maybe it's not avoidable given that people on average are just annoying and cannot enjoy some serenity when presented at a rock concert.

Having said all that, I really think the drum-off made up most of the shortfalls. It was one of the best drum-off I've seen by far; the next best would be the one with the drummer from Meshuggah back in the Lateralus tour. Typically, the drum-off only takes place during the Lateralus breakdown, but last night the guest drummer stayed to play the rest of the song and ride the concert to climax with Danny through the end of the song. The drummer was so psyched when they were finished and kept raising his fist in satisfaction. That just put a big smile on my face.

Maynardism: "Who won?" pointed at Danny, "Did you win?" Looking at both Danny and the guest drummer, said to the crowd, "We all win."

Indeed.