View Single Post
Smooth
01-29-2012, 12:20 PM

I've been a Tool fan for 20 years and love everything Maynard touches. However, last night was my first time to see them live. The music was outstanding and I thoroughly enjoyed the setlist. I have to say though that this was one of, if not the most boring concerts that I have ever seen. I had heard that Maynard didn't like the spotlight but to perform the entire show in the shadows on the back of the stage was disappointing. The rest of the band rarely played in the spotlight. They could have easily been pretending to play to pre-recorded material. I still love Tool but I would never pay to see another performance. I expect to see the band and the singer "PERFORM" when I pay $100 to see them live. Last night was an incredible acoustical experience but no different that listening to a really nice stereo. Let me know if they ever decide to put on a show.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.28.2012 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden

I've been a Tool fan for 20 years and love everything Maynard touches. However, last night was my first time to see them live. The music was outstanding and I thoroughly enjoyed the setlist. I have to say though that this was one of, if not the most boring concerts that I have ever seen. I had heard that Maynard didn't like the spotlight but to perform the entire show in the shadows on the back of the stage was disappointing. The rest of the band rarely played in the spotlight. They could have easily been pretending to play to pre-recorded material. I still love Tool but I would never pay to see another performance. I expect to see the band and the singer "PERFORM" when I pay $100 to see them live. Last night was an incredible acoustical experience but no different that listening to a really nice stereo. Let me know if they ever decide to put on a show.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote