View Single Post
Captnfirepants
01-27-2012, 03:57 PM

We were in 308 and 5 rows from the top. It was 3rd best of 13 shows since 1996. Sound was on point. Maynard sounded good. We had to cross the border so, was grateful for the dank sitting behind me. So. Very. Grateful.
Every song sounded just fantastic and so very happy. Haven't stopped smiling.
Here's my critique.....
Really enjoyed the visuals until the synth solo. The first part was too outer space cheesy for my tastes and that whole asteroids thing I just didn't get. Whatever. When it moved into more techno/bump....I just liked that better. The visuals at that point just seemed overdone. They are obviously trying to showcase the music/trip experience and downplay the members of the band. (except for the solos and drum beat off) And I get that Maynard is an old beat up fart after touring so long and hard. While I miss the alien dancing Maynard of yesteryear, I like the direction they are going. Never even noticed when he left.
46 & 2 was one of many peak points. My entire section sat the whole time and that was fine. Would have been nice to work some things out with some flailing around but, I'll live. haha
Kudos to Josh from Grand Rapids who didn't buy my extra ticket but, bought me a drink.
Kudos to Kanaduh for being funny and all around a good texter.
Waited 5 years to take my boyfriend to see them and now he finally gets it. Yay!

Last edited by Captnfirepants; 01-27-2012 at 04:00 PM..
Old 01-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #23
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.26.2012 - London, ON @ John Labatt Center

We were in 308 and 5 rows from the top. It was 3rd best of 13 shows since 1996. Sound was on point. Maynard sounded good. We had to cross the border so, was grateful for the dank sitting behind me. So. Very. Grateful.
Every song sounded just fantastic and so very happy. Haven't stopped smiling.
Here's my critique.....
Really enjoyed the visuals until the synth solo. The first part was too outer space cheesy for my tastes and that whole asteroids thing I just didn't get. Whatever. When it moved into more techno/bump....I just liked that better. The visuals at that point just seemed overdone. They are obviously trying to showcase the music/trip experience and downplay the members of the band. (except for the solos and drum beat off) And I get that Maynard is an old beat up fart after touring so long and hard. While I miss the alien dancing Maynard of yesteryear, I like the direction they are going. Never even noticed when he left.
46 & 2 was one of many peak points. My entire section sat the whole time and that was fine. Would have been nice to work some things out with some flailing around but, I'll live. haha
Kudos to Josh from Grand Rapids who didn't buy my extra ticket but, bought me a drink.
Kudos to Kanaduh for being funny and all around a good texter.
Waited 5 years to take my boyfriend to see them and now he finally gets it. Yay!

Last edited by Captnfirepants; 01-27-2012 at 04:00 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote