View Single Post
Anaguma
12-12-2007, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmansf View Post
Last time I saw 10,000 Days, some idiot got on stage and ruined it for Maynard, so hearing him do it with full passion was so powerful. Lateralus is always just beatiful and Vicarious was flawless. At the end of it, the house lights didnt come on for about a minute and they looked at each other like they really wanted to do Aenima, and I thought they would because they didnt play Lost Keys. I haven't checked LA's setlist yet, but im assuming for the time being Aenima was played because its about LA.
I was just cruising the reviews of last night's L.A. show, and it seems that the band did the same thing at the end of the set then, too. Strange. Up against time constraints? Feeling tired? Maynard's voice not up for the task? I dunno...i did notice that Maynard tended to avoid hitting the really intense notes for some songs (he brought the note of the last scream in Flood down, and he just let the audience do the last bit for Vicarious), so who knows. I was really expecting an encore of some sort.

And also as a minor, general gripe: Tool, could you guys please do a couple more songs from the Opiate/Undertow days? The last few years, you've been treating those albums like red-headed stepchildren you keep locked in the attic. The lyric content alone from some of those songs are worth revisiting, considering what's going on these days ("Intolerance", anyone?)...
Old 12-12-2007, 12:48 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 11San Francisco, CA Bill Graham Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmansf View Post
Last time I saw 10,000 Days, some idiot got on stage and ruined it for Maynard, so hearing him do it with full passion was so powerful. Lateralus is always just beatiful and Vicarious was flawless. At the end of it, the house lights didnt come on for about a minute and they looked at each other like they really wanted to do Aenima, and I thought they would because they didnt play Lost Keys. I haven't checked LA's setlist yet, but im assuming for the time being Aenima was played because its about LA.
I was just cruising the reviews of last night's L.A. show, and it seems that the band did the same thing at the end of the set then, too. Strange. Up against time constraints? Feeling tired? Maynard's voice not up for the task? I dunno...i did notice that Maynard tended to avoid hitting the really intense notes for some songs (he brought the note of the last scream in Flood down, and he just let the audience do the last bit for Vicarious), so who knows. I was really expecting an encore of some sort.

And also as a minor, general gripe: Tool, could you guys please do a couple more songs from the Opiate/Undertow days? The last few years, you've been treating those albums like red-headed stepchildren you keep locked in the attic. The lyric content alone from some of those songs are worth revisiting, considering what's going on these days ("Intolerance", anyone?)...
OFFLINE |