View Single Post
bobbopperano
06-19-2007, 10:12 AM

the point of a festival is to introduce new people to your music, while putting on a good show for your fans. i must have seen dozens of people who were converted to tool fans after the show. i actually heard one guy say "that changed my life i want to look up every lyric to every song". i was with a friend who HATES metal, and tool and now loves them after that show. and as far as no "jamming" or extra material, look at that fucking lazer show they put on man. it's such a tightly run show that there isnt much room for added stuff. i think you're all spoliled from going to so many tool shows you expect them to keep raising the bar just for YOU. for anybody who was seeing them for the first time, i think this was mind blowing. tool has never been the sort of band to play for the fans. they play for themselves. this was by far the most special performance of the tour, fucking tom morello came out for christ sake. it seems the ONLY people dissapointed in this show are those who dwell on the boards here. hats of to tool for having such a great stage show and such amazing live material.

EDIT:

Flood was dedicated to David Cross, to my recollection.

EDIT #2:

I just listened to Brightwell's recording of lateralus, and you all have to be fucking kidding me. seriously. i would have been happy if they just played that one song. morellos solo was unbelievable

Last edited by bobbopperano; 06-19-2007 at 02:13 PM..
Old 06-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #37
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

the point of a festival is to introduce new people to your music, while putting on a good show for your fans. i must have seen dozens of people who were converted to tool fans after the show. i actually heard one guy say "that changed my life i want to look up every lyric to every song". i was with a friend who HATES metal, and tool and now loves them after that show. and as far as no "jamming" or extra material, look at that fucking lazer show they put on man. it's such a tightly run show that there isnt much room for added stuff. i think you're all spoliled from going to so many tool shows you expect them to keep raising the bar just for YOU. for anybody who was seeing them for the first time, i think this was mind blowing. tool has never been the sort of band to play for the fans. they play for themselves. this was by far the most special performance of the tour, fucking tom morello came out for christ sake. it seems the ONLY people dissapointed in this show are those who dwell on the boards here. hats of to tool for having such a great stage show and such amazing live material.

EDIT:

Flood was dedicated to David Cross, to my recollection.

EDIT #2:

I just listened to Brightwell's recording of lateralus, and you all have to be fucking kidding me. seriously. i would have been happy if they just played that one song. morellos solo was unbelievable

Last edited by bobbopperano; 06-19-2007 at 02:13 PM..
OFFLINE |