View Single Post
GullyFoyle's Avatar GullyFoyle
06-19-2007, 07:50 AM

Fourth TOOL show off the new album: Chicago for the minitour, Southaven, Birmingham and now BONNAROO!!
I expected the same setlist, so I drank up some fungi tea I made at Rusty Griswald campsite (which was a hellofa walk away). I drank it down with some friends as we came under the arch at the gate.
I must say this was the best TOOL show I have been to, to date. Everything about this venue (the main stage) was big; lights, crowd and HUGE sound with no Blown or crackling speakers. I have never heard anything that loud and clear. The stage lights were very bright and seemed to be pure color, also the lasers seemed to be bigger, brighter and in more different colors than previous shows (I do realize that that may be the fungi talking). The crowd around me was great and I didn't notice any "flash" photography, but I wasn't really looking for it. Tom Morello rocked the fuck out and I would have loved to see JPJ there, since he obviously was trying to play with almost every band there. I'm glad this was the last show I got to see off this album, cause if it were the first I would have been very letdown at the other shows. I can appreciate the fact that they are perfectionists and want to have a perfect show fully synced with the lasers. But there are audio/visual engineers that could easily sync ANY of their songs very easily. Not to mention the fact that there are NO lasers until Wings begins to play. so they could play any unsynced music before wings.
The setlist is the only bitch I have and at the time it didn't matter because of the drugs... all of it seemed very different than the same setlist at the other shows. But I didn't even bother to post a review to the Southaven or Birmingham shows. I would rather have the chance to see the same setlist a few times than no TOOL tour at all. Hopefully before too long they will be back in the studio working on a 2 CD album!!!!

Flaming lips came on about an hour and fifteen minutes early and said they couldn't start until 12, but they were going to do a soundcheck. They played Warpigs and it rocked out. Their show was cool eyecandy that rivaled anyones show I saw. Caught Old Crow Medecine Show and their sound wasn't up loud enough. The SuperJam rocked, as did Galactic, DJ Shadow, Rod and Gab, Gov't Mule, Sasha and Digweed. Honestly I got into everything I saw, even the Police (I know). It was an awesome vibe everywhere. One of my highlights was coming up on a tent with about 200 people dancing and lights and a dj, but you couldn't hear anything. Upon approaching you realize that they all have on wireless headphones and are jamming at "the silent disco" it was cool and funny all at once.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY LINKS OR WHATNOT TO AUDIO OR VIDEO OF TOOL AT BONNAROO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!

gf
Old 06-19-2007, 07:50 AM   #31
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: 2007/06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

Fourth TOOL show off the new album: Chicago for the minitour, Southaven, Birmingham and now BONNAROO!!
I expected the same setlist, so I drank up some fungi tea I made at Rusty Griswald campsite (which was a hellofa walk away). I drank it down with some friends as we came under the arch at the gate.
I must say this was the best TOOL show I have been to, to date. Everything about this venue (the main stage) was big; lights, crowd and HUGE sound with no Blown or crackling speakers. I have never heard anything that loud and clear. The stage lights were very bright and seemed to be pure color, also the lasers seemed to be bigger, brighter and in more different colors than previous shows (I do realize that that may be the fungi talking). The crowd around me was great and I didn't notice any "flash" photography, but I wasn't really looking for it. Tom Morello rocked the fuck out and I would have loved to see JPJ there, since he obviously was trying to play with almost every band there. I'm glad this was the last show I got to see off this album, cause if it were the first I would have been very letdown at the other shows. I can appreciate the fact that they are perfectionists and want to have a perfect show fully synced with the lasers. But there are audio/visual engineers that could easily sync ANY of their songs very easily. Not to mention the fact that there are NO lasers until Wings begins to play. so they could play any unsynced music before wings.
The setlist is the only bitch I have and at the time it didn't matter because of the drugs... all of it seemed very different than the same setlist at the other shows. But I didn't even bother to post a review to the Southaven or Birmingham shows. I would rather have the chance to see the same setlist a few times than no TOOL tour at all. Hopefully before too long they will be back in the studio working on a 2 CD album!!!!

Flaming lips came on about an hour and fifteen minutes early and said they couldn't start until 12, but they were going to do a soundcheck. They played Warpigs and it rocked out. Their show was cool eyecandy that rivaled anyones show I saw. Caught Old Crow Medecine Show and their sound wasn't up loud enough. The SuperJam rocked, as did Galactic, DJ Shadow, Rod and Gab, Gov't Mule, Sasha and Digweed. Honestly I got into everything I saw, even the Police (I know). It was an awesome vibe everywhere. One of my highlights was coming up on a tent with about 200 people dancing and lights and a dj, but you couldn't hear anything. Upon approaching you realize that they all have on wireless headphones and are jamming at "the silent disco" it was cool and funny all at once.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY LINKS OR WHATNOT TO AUDIO OR VIDEO OF TOOL AT BONNAROO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!

gf