View Single Post
sniff
06-19-2007, 06:57 AM

it was my 4th time seeing TOOL and i loved the show, but i can't lie and say i wasn't a little let down. Bonnaroo was a perfect opportunity to mix things up a little bit, do something different from the typical 3 setlists that they normally play. honestly, i think it's pretty shitty of them to have not played "No Quarter" with JPJ in some way, shape or form. i mean, if JPJ can go out and play "No Quarter" with Gov't. Mule, why couldn't it happen with TOOL? but, no, they didn't do that, and they left a half-hour early. no "Third Eye" with the extra half hour that was given to you? no "Pushit?" i don't want to bitch too much, because it was definitely one of the best TOOL shows (and DEFINITELY near the top for the weekend) that i've witnessed ("Flood," "Lateralus" with Morello and the extended version of "Schism" were all terrific) but i do feel like they squandered a golden opportunity to make it a truly historic night.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:57 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

it was my 4th time seeing TOOL and i loved the show, but i can't lie and say i wasn't a little let down. Bonnaroo was a perfect opportunity to mix things up a little bit, do something different from the typical 3 setlists that they normally play. honestly, i think it's pretty shitty of them to have not played "No Quarter" with JPJ in some way, shape or form. i mean, if JPJ can go out and play "No Quarter" with Gov't. Mule, why couldn't it happen with TOOL? but, no, they didn't do that, and they left a half-hour early. no "Third Eye" with the extra half hour that was given to you? no "Pushit?" i don't want to bitch too much, because it was definitely one of the best TOOL shows (and DEFINITELY near the top for the weekend) that i've witnessed ("Flood," "Lateralus" with Morello and the extended version of "Schism" were all terrific) but i do feel like they squandered a golden opportunity to make it a truly historic night.
OFFLINE |