View Single Post
Silence04's Avatar Silence04
06-18-2007, 07:52 AM

Unbelievable! Best show i've ever seen in my life, no joke! 20 out of 10 stars, this show was worth the price of the ticket and the ungodly heat...
Anyone that didn't go, really missed a life time experience of Tool and Bonnaroo!!!

LIGHTS AND LASERS:
The lights and lasers were completely different from any other tool show i've been to this tour. the lasers had new colors, lots of shades of Yellow/Blue/Teal/Purple/Magenta/Pink/Red/Green instead of the typical Green/pink/blue. They also took the lasers that would normally be projected from the back of a area (around the mixing boards) and placed them at the front of the stage angled up towards the white Bonnaroo stage top creating way more intricate laser designs then ever before (especially during Lateralus). And to add to that, the whole freaking farm/field was dusty as hell, which helped the lasers glow super bright and project for miles. my camping neighbor didn't go but said when they performed, lasers completely filled the sky as far as the eye could see, he was kicking himself in the ass for not going after seeing that!

I also noticed at the top of the stage, there were tiny red and green laser being moved around rapidly and randomly on the white tapestry, i thought it was a new laser design they programed in... But when i saw the Flaming Lips the night after, i realized that those lasers were laser pens that were handed out to the crowd for them to project at the top of the stage... really wild shit...

THE BAND:
Rocked the place, didn't miss a lick. Maynard even changed the rhythm of the vocals in many songs such as stinkfist, 46&2, wings1&2, making them much more melodic in some areas...
and same with the rest of the band, there were a lot of change ups, mostly with the fills that lead up to certain parts of songs.
and TOM MORELLO!!!! my god, it was so sick!!!!!

Maynard was really one on one with the crowd, i don't know if that's cause i was tripping my face off or what, but he seemed to talk to the crowd more than any other tool shows i've been to combined, talking between almost every song.

when the band walked on stage Maynard said "I smell patchouli" then they went right into jambi.

Before stinkfist, Maynard Said "I took a shower this morning and hung out in my Bus with A/C, jealous?"

after stinkfist, maynard said "this next song is dedicated to the Reverend David Cross" then they played The Pot.

After Schism he said "So i take it all of you are high...*pause* and on LSD? This next song is for you" then Adam instantly started playing Rosetta Stoned... Maynard emphasized certain parts of the lyrics, almost messing with everyone one that was tripping... "YOU!!!.....*pause* are the chosen one.... YOU!!! *pause* are the one to deliver the message"

After Rosetta Stoned, Maynard said "this next song is a couple years old, from back in '96" and then they played FLOOD!!!!

before Laturalus, Maynard thanked the crowd and bonnaroo told everyone to have a good weekend. In the middle of danny's drum solo, maynard says "introducing the great, the only, TOM MORELLO!!!!" and tom played the sickest solo ever for Laturalus!!!!!!

then after Laturalus Maynard said, "everyone have a good night, this is our last one. The Police tomorrow night, Damn Fine. Have a good weekend" and went into Vicarious...

after Vicarious they pause for a long time, making it seem like they were done, then Maynard walks up to the mic and says "Thank you, everyone have a good week end... HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY" right into AENEMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then Tom Morello came back on stage and they all huged and then thanked the crowd... maynard said "Thank you for putting up with our cynical attitudes"

THE CROWD:
the main stage area was packed to the brim, 80k people AT LEAST, everyone screeming at the top of there lungs, even at the back. It was like you where in the middle of a giant trip fest, everyone was either high, tripping or rolling. Glowing sticks, balls, wires, flashing lights, etc. were moving around everywhere... when they played Jambi, after the part when maynard sings "dim my eyes if they should compromise our fulcrum, if want and need divide me then i might as well be gone..." a giant group of people trough tons and tons Yellow and Orange Glow sticks up into the air... after that glowing things were being thrown everywhere constantly for the rest of the show... out of this world experience...

THE SOUND:
Crisp and clear, better than the albums!!! HUGE props to the programers for Bonnaroo! This entire festival had better sound than any concert or festival i've ever been to. They even setup multiple speaker system pods throughout the crowd area so everyone could hear it as if they were right up front!

CONCLUSION:
Best Performance of my life, best Bonnaroo of my life. Tool was the highlight of Bonnaroo this year, blew The Police away IMO. The band really made this a more unique concert than any of there other show. Lasers and lights were dead on, amazing in fact, a lot more dense and wider array colors, projected further than your eyes could see. Crowd was going nuts, even the 'mature' Police fans were loving it! The sound was superb. The experience has change my life forever...

The only thing i hate is that it's over... see you next year Bonnaroo!!!

Last edited by Silence04; 06-18-2007 at 08:04 AM..
Old 06-18-2007, 07:52 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

Unbelievable! Best show i've ever seen in my life, no joke! 20 out of 10 stars, this show was worth the price of the ticket and the ungodly heat...
Anyone that didn't go, really missed a life time experience of Tool and Bonnaroo!!!

LIGHTS AND LASERS:
The lights and lasers were completely different from any other tool show i've been to this tour. the lasers had new colors, lots of shades of Yellow/Blue/Teal/Purple/Magenta/Pink/Red/Green instead of the typical Green/pink/blue. They also took the lasers that would normally be projected from the back of a area (around the mixing boards) and placed them at the front of the stage angled up towards the white Bonnaroo stage top creating way more intricate laser designs then ever before (especially during Lateralus). And to add to that, the whole freaking farm/field was dusty as hell, which helped the lasers glow super bright and project for miles. my camping neighbor didn't go but said when they performed, lasers completely filled the sky as far as the eye could see, he was kicking himself in the ass for not going after seeing that!

I also noticed at the top of the stage, there were tiny red and green laser being moved around rapidly and randomly on the white tapestry, i thought it was a new laser design they programed in... But when i saw the Flaming Lips the night after, i realized that those lasers were laser pens that were handed out to the crowd for them to project at the top of the stage... really wild shit...

THE BAND:
Rocked the place, didn't miss a lick. Maynard even changed the rhythm of the vocals in many songs such as stinkfist, 46&2, wings1&2, making them much more melodic in some areas...
and same with the rest of the band, there were a lot of change ups, mostly with the fills that lead up to certain parts of songs.
and TOM MORELLO!!!! my god, it was so sick!!!!!

Maynard was really one on one with the crowd, i don't know if that's cause i was tripping my face off or what, but he seemed to talk to the crowd more than any other tool shows i've been to combined, talking between almost every song.

when the band walked on stage Maynard said "I smell patchouli" then they went right into jambi.

Before stinkfist, Maynard Said "I took a shower this morning and hung out in my Bus with A/C, jealous?"

after stinkfist, maynard said "this next song is dedicated to the Reverend David Cross" then they played The Pot.

After Schism he said "So i take it all of you are high...*pause* and on LSD? This next song is for you" then Adam instantly started playing Rosetta Stoned... Maynard emphasized certain parts of the lyrics, almost messing with everyone one that was tripping... "YOU!!!.....*pause* are the chosen one.... YOU!!! *pause* are the one to deliver the message"

After Rosetta Stoned, Maynard said "this next song is a couple years old, from back in '96" and then they played FLOOD!!!!

before Laturalus, Maynard thanked the crowd and bonnaroo told everyone to have a good weekend. In the middle of danny's drum solo, maynard says "introducing the great, the only, TOM MORELLO!!!!" and tom played the sickest solo ever for Laturalus!!!!!!

then after Laturalus Maynard said, "everyone have a good night, this is our last one. The Police tomorrow night, Damn Fine. Have a good weekend" and went into Vicarious...

after Vicarious they pause for a long time, making it seem like they were done, then Maynard walks up to the mic and says "Thank you, everyone have a good week end... HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY" right into AENEMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then Tom Morello came back on stage and they all huged and then thanked the crowd... maynard said "Thank you for putting up with our cynical attitudes"

THE CROWD:
the main stage area was packed to the brim, 80k people AT LEAST, everyone screeming at the top of there lungs, even at the back. It was like you where in the middle of a giant trip fest, everyone was either high, tripping or rolling. Glowing sticks, balls, wires, flashing lights, etc. were moving around everywhere... when they played Jambi, after the part when maynard sings "dim my eyes if they should compromise our fulcrum, if want and need divide me then i might as well be gone..." a giant group of people trough tons and tons Yellow and Orange Glow sticks up into the air... after that glowing things were being thrown everywhere constantly for the rest of the show... out of this world experience...

THE SOUND:
Crisp and clear, better than the albums!!! HUGE props to the programers for Bonnaroo! This entire festival had better sound than any concert or festival i've ever been to. They even setup multiple speaker system pods throughout the crowd area so everyone could hear it as if they were right up front!

CONCLUSION:
Best Performance of my life, best Bonnaroo of my life. Tool was the highlight of Bonnaroo this year, blew The Police away IMO. The band really made this a more unique concert than any of there other show. Lasers and lights were dead on, amazing in fact, a lot more dense and wider array colors, projected further than your eyes could see. Crowd was going nuts, even the 'mature' Police fans were loving it! The sound was superb. The experience has change my life forever...

The only thing i hate is that it's over... see you next year Bonnaroo!!!

Last edited by Silence04; 06-18-2007 at 08:04 AM..
OFFLINE |