View Single Post
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
10-24-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
No doubt they do, and I don't think everyone expect to be hanging all day with the band. I think the exposure to the band on the VIPs is ok, but there's a whole lot more their tour staff could be doing to make it a better experience
Sure, that's fair. But lest I make VIPers seem like complete ingrates, I should point out the swag they gave us is pretty damn good. Both the backpack and the sweater are very well made. Kinda puzzling both the stitching for the Tool logo and the sweater are black, making it impossible to see the logo. But quality-wise, I will use both. The portrait pins feel like an afterthought, but then they are $30 at the merch stand, so nice to have.

Also, the food they had for us after soundcheck was fine. That may have something to do with it being Staples Center. It's not the best venue for concerts, but overall it is a well run venue with decent food options.

Now, does any of that compare with the hand-signed by Adam right in front of you special poster for VIP from 2014? Then meeting with him personally 1:1? Then getting a chance to spend time with some of the models used from various Tool videos over the years? Uh... no. No way.

Hey, I got an idea to beef up the VIP exp - Q&A with junior before soundcheck!

... j/k :)

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 10-24-2019 at 08:30 PM..
Old 10-24-2019, 08:23 PM   #6714
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
No doubt they do, and I don't think everyone expect to be hanging all day with the band. I think the exposure to the band on the VIPs is ok, but there's a whole lot more their tour staff could be doing to make it a better experience
Sure, that's fair. But lest I make VIPers seem like complete ingrates, I should point out the swag they gave us is pretty damn good. Both the backpack and the sweater are very well made. Kinda puzzling both the stitching for the Tool logo and the sweater are black, making it impossible to see the logo. But quality-wise, I will use both. The portrait pins feel like an afterthought, but then they are $30 at the merch stand, so nice to have.

Also, the food they had for us after soundcheck was fine. That may have something to do with it being Staples Center. It's not the best venue for concerts, but overall it is a well run venue with decent food options.

Now, does any of that compare with the hand-signed by Adam right in front of you special poster for VIP from 2014? Then meeting with him personally 1:1? Then getting a chance to spend time with some of the models used from various Tool videos over the years? Uh... no. No way.

Hey, I got an idea to beef up the VIP exp - Q&A with junior before soundcheck!

... j/k :)

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 10-24-2019 at 08:30 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote