View Single Post
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
10-23-2019, 03:02 PM

Here is a decent write up on the VIP experience from one of the folks just ahead of me in line night 2

https://www.reddit.com/r/ToolBand/co...ience_rundown/

I don't think it's entirely accurate as far as how tickets were distributed and some other minor details, but it is very close to how it is.

I will add that although it was initially great to have dead center, front row on night 1, Staples acoustics and the fact that Danny was square in front me were pretty tough to take about an hour into the show. I preferred being over to the side in front of Adam on night 2.

I also think putting VIP attendees in a room that normally sells beer/wine, taking away your cell phone, then asking you to sit in that room for close to 2 hours is not ideal. Also, they were charging $6 for water and $7 for soda in the room (the two beverages they were selling). A solution for this is to give folks a single drink ticket for one free beverage as part of the VIP package, be it beer/wine or water/soda.

One other note on VIP - on day 2, just before we were ushered to the hallway outside the stairs down to soundcheck, we were told by our guide NOT to clap while still in the hallway for any songs we heard (aka songs they were doing with Maynard). We did clap from the hallway on day 1 after Intolerance was performed and apparently this annoyed someone(s). So, when we were finally lead downstairs to watch the soundcheck in person on day 2 with Danny, Adam and Justin doing FI, the song ended and no one clapped. Adam looked out at us, incredulous, threw his hands up and said "this is where you clap". We all protested that we were told NOT to clap but we were not sure if that meant once we were downstairs too. An awkward moment for sure!
Old 10-23-2019, 03:02 PM   #6707
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: General Tool Discussion

Here is a decent write up on the VIP experience from one of the folks just ahead of me in line night 2

https://www.reddit.com/r/ToolBand/co...ience_rundown/

I don't think it's entirely accurate as far as how tickets were distributed and some other minor details, but it is very close to how it is.

I will add that although it was initially great to have dead center, front row on night 1, Staples acoustics and the fact that Danny was square in front me were pretty tough to take about an hour into the show. I preferred being over to the side in front of Adam on night 2.

I also think putting VIP attendees in a room that normally sells beer/wine, taking away your cell phone, then asking you to sit in that room for close to 2 hours is not ideal. Also, they were charging $6 for water and $7 for soda in the room (the two beverages they were selling). A solution for this is to give folks a single drink ticket for one free beverage as part of the VIP package, be it beer/wine or water/soda.

One other note on VIP - on day 2, just before we were ushered to the hallway outside the stairs down to soundcheck, we were told by our guide NOT to clap while still in the hallway for any songs we heard (aka songs they were doing with Maynard). We did clap from the hallway on day 1 after Intolerance was performed and apparently this annoyed someone(s). So, when we were finally lead downstairs to watch the soundcheck in person on day 2 with Danny, Adam and Justin doing FI, the song ended and no one clapped. Adam looked out at us, incredulous, threw his hands up and said "this is where you clap". We all protested that we were told NOT to clap but we were not sure if that meant once we were downstairs too. An awkward moment for sure!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote