View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 05:02 PM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: 2006/08/05 - San Diego, CA - Street Scene '06

Here it goes:

WORST TOOL SHOW EVER for me. I went with my girlfriend (as I did at coachella) and should have learned my lesson from Coachella...DO NOT get close for Tool. There didnt seem to be that much pushing after the yeah yeah yeahs, but the crowd became closer. As soon as the lights went out and the band came on stage, you could feel the surge of people. As soon as the Intro into Stinkfist hit...CHAOS! I had to drag my girlfriend (again) out of the masses and thank god we did it quickly. One song later, I decided to jump into the pit. My lady was standing right outside the pit and the second I left, some douchebag hit here in the stomach causing her to vomit and move away. I was only in the pit for 2 minutes and lost her (I was wearing a huge red cowboy hat, and to anyone who decides to mosh with something like that on, dont, because you make an easy target. Trust me.) I spent the rest of The Pot, the intermission to calm the crowd, 46&2, and Jambi looking for her. Random people kept picking up her cell and I thought she had lost it. I eventually found her and enjoyed the rest of the show.

Highlights:

The "double time" part in Schism (absolutely amazing)
Lateralus (the crowd was hypnotized the whole song)
Vicarious (I dont think that song can be any better live)
Ænima (this is, by far, the best song Tool does live. Everyone released all of their last bit of energy into this song.)

Overall, the concert was 6/10. If I wouldnt have lost my lady, 7/10. It was bullshit that all of the meatheads ruined everything by crushing people. I do believe they would have played Right In Two if it wasnt for the long delay. Oh well, heres to Staples Center.
OFFLINE |