View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/05 - San Diego, CA - Street Scene '06

http://news.yahoo.com/s/kgtv/20060806/lo_kgtv/9635965

Here's a San Diego article discussing the violence that occurred. 15 people had to be taken to the hospital, and I'm lucky I'm not one of them.

I arrived at Street Scene as soon as gates opened, grabbed a beer, then parked out in front of the main stage at 4. There weren't a whole lot of other bands I wanted to see here (other than Bloc Party, who were playing at the same time), so I was willing to stand around for 6 hours to wait for Tool. The New York Dolls were awesome, and Karen O has got a hell of a scream.

As soon as the Yeah Yeah Yeahs started to play, the pushing began. It only got worse when they finished, and when Tool started playing I was in about the 6th row to the right, exactly where all the hell took place. As soon as the Pot began, people started falling to the ground, where more people got pushed into them. I was sandwiched between two people, but I felt really bad for the couple of people laying on the floor screaming as others kept trampling them. I left after I found a way out, then went to the pit for a decent view and a little more room.

As for the show, I was a bit disappointed. Tool came on almost 10 minutes late, and the show ended 5 minutes earlier than it should have, not to mention the 10 minute break to calm people down. Jambi and Lateralis were my two favorite performances, and I'll probably go see Tool when they play alone. Hopefully, fans will calm down next time and realize that there's no point to pushing from the back, because there's no room in the front.
OFFLINE |