View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #11
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: 2006/08/05 - San Diego, CA - Street Scene '06

(and possible loss of song in the setlist).

We definitely lost a song because of the asshats who decided they needed to be up front even though they just rolled up from one of the other stages. You guys are really cool! I stay at the back where the sound booth is for these big open air events for several reasons 1) The sound is better back there, 2) I am able to see all of the visuals that Tool is known for, 3) I have my back to a wall of sorts so when the crush comes it's easier to stay rooted to your spot. I know people like to get up close to see the band's faces. But with Tool I think that is way over-rated. That said, I'm sorry for you folks who got crushed. It shouldn't happen.

Anyway, my guess is we lost Right In Two. Coachella was actually one song longer than the Street Scene list (The Patient). During soundcheck I heard them crack the high conga drum a few times Danny uses during that song (second verse). Hate to think that was the case. But still a great show. They were much tighter here than Coachella.

One other thing- the visuals for the 10k songs were new. One of the cool things about Jambi was the flaming orange visual they had going towards the end of it. Excellent stuff!
OFFLINE |