View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 08:40 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/05 - San Diego, CA - Street Scene '06

Yea that was my seventh tool concert and that was definetely the most violent. I was on the railing at the beginning and still on after the pot when everyone fell down right behind me and I was holding on for dear life. Somehow a guy got underneath me so I had to adjust a bit to get him out. I'm 6'3 and pretty big and that was the closest I ever was to wanting to move back, but I stayed in the first couple of rows the whole show.

To the guy that said he started in the 25th row and that if you can't take the moshing get out f off cause the heavy pushing started at the end of Yeah Yeah Yeahs and never stopped. So basically two hours of hanging on along with the five minutes of hanging on to our dear lives after the pot does not compare to your 10 minutes it took to get you close. Not to mention how many people I had to squat out cause they couldn't take it.

On to the show the two highlights for me were easily Jambi and Lateralus. Have you guys ever looked around at the end of Lateralus and watched how everyones eyes are glued to the front and everyone is marveled at what they're seeing? So awesome. As if the guitar solo in Jambi wasn't already my favorite part of 10000 days it definetely is now and I'll always see Maynard leaning back and waiving his cowboy hat every time I hear that part. I'm also now conviced the lyrics are "Jambi eyes."

I will eventually hear Rosetta Stoned live.
OFFLINE |