View Single Post
usefulidiot227f
12-14-2008, 08:48 PM

I don't think it's the worse song on the album, but I really don't care for the lyrics, and to me the music gets a little monotonous. Which is weird because I love swamp song. I also dislike the song because, as others have pointed out, it gets a lot of radio play. And being on the radio isn't the part that I don't like, it's the fact there are people who don't understand Tool, which I hold very near and dear to me, that are going to like the song JUST because it's called The Pot and possibly (or definitely to the untrained ear, ie the casual listener) has lyrics about pot. People like that just piss me off. But the main reason I don't care for the song would be that I don't care for the lyrics, I don't care what secret message is behind them because I still find them rather uninspiring, and I find that the music is a little boring even if I don't compare it to their other songs, just as a straight rock song. I actually enjoy the high singing he pulls off in the beginning though. It made me smile to hear that he still has a vocal range (cause we all know his voice is getting a little tired with age).
But not their worst song...I think Right in Two is the worst (not including segues), but I'm sure I'll catch slack for that.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:48 PM   #117
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Why is it people don't like this song?

I don't think it's the worse song on the album, but I really don't care for the lyrics, and to me the music gets a little monotonous. Which is weird because I love swamp song. I also dislike the song because, as others have pointed out, it gets a lot of radio play. And being on the radio isn't the part that I don't like, it's the fact there are people who don't understand Tool, which I hold very near and dear to me, that are going to like the song JUST because it's called The Pot and possibly (or definitely to the untrained ear, ie the casual listener) has lyrics about pot. People like that just piss me off. But the main reason I don't care for the song would be that I don't care for the lyrics, I don't care what secret message is behind them because I still find them rather uninspiring, and I find that the music is a little boring even if I don't compare it to their other songs, just as a straight rock song. I actually enjoy the high singing he pulls off in the beginning though. It made me smile to hear that he still has a vocal range (cause we all know his voice is getting a little tired with age).
But not their worst song...I think Right in Two is the worst (not including segues), but I'm sure I'll catch slack for that.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote