View Single Post
gonzo's Avatar gonzo
09-12-2008, 02:52 PM

i like the song a lot and i never really thought about why...however, i'm new to this posting stuff so my reasons may seem simple and stupid but i feel the need to say something, anyway...first off, the pot reminds me of what Rush does, they work the same themes over many albums, in that i have always thought the pot was just intolerance pt.2- no one is innocent...secondly, the song stands out from the rest of record because it wouldn't have seemed out of place on say 13 steps(and from what i've read so far, most tool fans find apc sort of poppy)...now here's a suggestion, drink a bottle of red wine or two, crank up the pot until you feel it through the floor, and your chest heaves, turn on the tv, sound off, and watch the president and his men talk their heads off. i did this and i realized that the government has always perpetuated the idea that pot was a wmd infiltrating the inner fabric of their interpretation of how we should all live...fuck that, don't listen to what others tell you, think for yourself...those that control the army apparatus always want to tell us how to think and feel...and finally, i remember my dear grandmother from ireland saying over and over to me, " Now don't go calling the kettle black." Eventually i understood what she meant.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #115
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841
Re: Why is it people don't like this song?

i like the song a lot and i never really thought about why...however, i'm new to this posting stuff so my reasons may seem simple and stupid but i feel the need to say something, anyway...first off, the pot reminds me of what Rush does, they work the same themes over many albums, in that i have always thought the pot was just intolerance pt.2- no one is innocent...secondly, the song stands out from the rest of record because it wouldn't have seemed out of place on say 13 steps(and from what i've read so far, most tool fans find apc sort of poppy)...now here's a suggestion, drink a bottle of red wine or two, crank up the pot until you feel it through the floor, and your chest heaves, turn on the tv, sound off, and watch the president and his men talk their heads off. i did this and i realized that the government has always perpetuated the idea that pot was a wmd infiltrating the inner fabric of their interpretation of how we should all live...fuck that, don't listen to what others tell you, think for yourself...those that control the army apparatus always want to tell us how to think and feel...and finally, i remember my dear grandmother from ireland saying over and over to me, " Now don't go calling the kettle black." Eventually i understood what she meant.