View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 11:38 PM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

"Look out, Here we come" (w/ heavy delay effect) 'Stinkfist' starts

'Stinkfist' ends - "By saying 'Here we come' I don't mean in a Big Rock-Star gonna-kick-your-asses way, I mean your dollar is good, and you have lots of oil kind-of-way, Please buy our country, before it's too late"

IMO you'll get 2 differing reviews: 1) On the floors, 2 & 300's (lower, in the middle of it all) & 2) Lawns (back, able to take it all in - including the videos/patterns Etc. on the floor they were performing over)
Someone from the floors (on the way out) was sayin' he had to keep jumpin up 2 b able 2 c the effects (the whole stage is white)

We were up (way up) farthest point south u can get, leaning on the white fence at the very back and I didn't mind it at all
Under cover of the tree line along the back of the fence

WEATHER - was fine until half way through 'The Pot', continually spit 'til 'Schism'/'Rosetta'. Strangely wasn't raining during '10,000 days'/'Lateralus' but started again in the middle of 'Vicarious' and quite heavy throughout 'Ænema'
Alot of clouds rolling in, covered up sections of the CN Tower - Lights of the city w/ the weather and the boyz doin' their thing was quite the A / V experience

The sound was fine (from back), if I were to pick - I'd say Adam's guitar was a touch loud, Danny, Justin perfect
I could hear the vocals way better tonight, at the AMP than at the H-Brd (although MJK's voice seems deeper - comin' away from his illness I guess)

Nice Intro piece (keyboards/harmonics n' stuff) for 'Vicarious'

- MJK started, then insisted we help him sing 'Happy B-Day' to Carol (?) "Sweet Sixteen" he said
- When the lighters took effect (during their little summit & from the very back) Stunning - that was nice!! (wish I had a wide-angle pic of that)
- Couldn't see MJK's leaf jersey (from where we were) that's cool!
- Justin's wah & effects (totally sick) stood out alot more than at the H-Brd
- Danny will always b a machine - plain & simple!
- Adam doesn't move (except to face Justin)
- MJK had no problem w/ any of his screams tonight, he was movin 'round quite a bit

"Cleveland was louder and we haven't even played there yet"
The Dry-Ice/Fog wouldn't stay around long enough because of the wind comin' off of the lake, but the lasers for '10,000 Days' were still awesome, 'cept for a couple of Adam's shaky notes they nailed this tune (no dedication)

metric - I hate to say this .... but, your white doves were shit-hawks - 10/12 of them flyin' round all night LOL!

Highlights - Danny during '46&2', 'Lateralus' - get's better everytime I hear it live (they r a tight unit)
- The 10$ shirt guy was peddlin' his wears 'cross the bridge after
I've got my fill of TOOL 4 now - bring back 'The Grudge', 'Hooker', 'Parabola' next time

Great job boyz!

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
OFFLINE |