View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 10:19 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

What an amazing show!
I was at the Hummingbird Centre show and I enjoyed this one more. I think I actually really liked being completely drenched for a good chunk of it.

The band was really tight. They all played amazing although I thought Danny and Justin played just about perfect.

46 & 2, Lateralus and Aenema stood out for me. The intensity with those 3 was unbelievable. All the new material was also really well done. Maybe one or two missed cues and notes but nothing at all to complain about. I liked the reflective stage and lighting and had a pretty good view from the 400's. I still think there should be more use of timed flood/strobe lighting.

I give the guys credit for pulling off a song like Wings. It would have been great had I not had to listen to the 4 fucking morons behind me yelling and laughing through the whole thing. At one point one of the drunk idiots yelled out "play some good shit". Can we not just shut the hell up when a band attempts to play a somewhat "less heavy" song?

Anyways, the lighters were great, very cool. The sound levels, mixing etc were really good except for Maynards levels on Wings I thought.

All in all, AWESOME CONCERT! These guys are truly musical geniuses and even if one doesn't like the music (hard to believe, I know) they should at least appreciate the musical quality.

P.S. Loved how we were actually standing in rain while Maynard's prayin' for it!
OFFLINE |