View Single Post
MarcDrums's Avatar MarcDrums
05-17-2006, 07:23 AM

i love rosetta stoned.. anyone ever thing they rehashed riffs on purpose??
the guy is talking about an acid trip, and it brings back a riff from a song that they wrote about *gasp* ACID..

Third eye comes in (with different notes and a different time signature mind you..) at about 2:56.. then he starts talking about his acid trip and stuff.. i dont know about you guys, but whenever i did any type of substance, it was always a similiar feeling, but not exactly the same.. maybe thats why they put the third eye esque riff in there to give you feelings nostalgia just like what happens when you are under the influence..

also if you guys are too blind to see past this to the actual "new" music in this song then i feel very sorry for you..

the bass drum break down starting at 7:03 is so complex it blows my mind..

the electronic drums / snare are playing in 3/4, and the bass drum is playing in some other time signature.. (15/4 ? ) playing two notes and then a rest, then two notes and a rest.

i'll try to tab it

edit: doesnt work

that complex pattern with the electronic drums at the same time :O

Last edited by MarcDrums; 05-17-2006 at 08:14 AM..
Old 05-17-2006, 07:23 AM   #37
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Honestly, Are you serious?

i love rosetta stoned.. anyone ever thing they rehashed riffs on purpose??
the guy is talking about an acid trip, and it brings back a riff from a song that they wrote about *gasp* ACID..

Third eye comes in (with different notes and a different time signature mind you..) at about 2:56.. then he starts talking about his acid trip and stuff.. i dont know about you guys, but whenever i did any type of substance, it was always a similiar feeling, but not exactly the same.. maybe thats why they put the third eye esque riff in there to give you feelings nostalgia just like what happens when you are under the influence..

also if you guys are too blind to see past this to the actual "new" music in this song then i feel very sorry for you..

the bass drum break down starting at 7:03 is so complex it blows my mind..

the electronic drums / snare are playing in 3/4, and the bass drum is playing in some other time signature.. (15/4 ? ) playing two notes and then a rest, then two notes and a rest.

i'll try to tab it

edit: doesnt work

that complex pattern with the electronic drums at the same time :O

Last edited by MarcDrums; 05-17-2006 at 08:14 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote