View Single Post
dedalus's Avatar dedalus
05-16-2006, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outlaw
I'm in total disbelief ... I looked at the ridiculous joke lyrics. Wow, was I ever let down. I know it's a joke song. Tool put a total joke song on the album. I’d prefer something new, something that hasn't been recycled, and something that's not a joke.

Don't just dismiss what I'm saying...

Taking the lyrics, it's easy to see how this song would be a joke.

<INSERT JOKE:

"Hey, Adam!"
"Yeah Maynard?"
"Remember when we wrote that song using riffs from all our old songs, and made it about aliens? And everyone thought it was the greatest song ever?"
"Yeah, that was fucking hilarious!"

END JOKE>

I like the song. It's pretty damn cool. Too bad it's just a joke, and it uses riffs from at least four other tool songs, and the song was made as a complete joke.
Ok, so let me get this straight because I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're saying. Are you implying that this song is just a JOKE?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:47 PM   #32
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Honestly, Are you serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outlaw
I'm in total disbelief ... I looked at the ridiculous joke lyrics. Wow, was I ever let down. I know it's a joke song. Tool put a total joke song on the album. I’d prefer something new, something that hasn't been recycled, and something that's not a joke.

Don't just dismiss what I'm saying...

Taking the lyrics, it's easy to see how this song would be a joke.

<INSERT JOKE:

"Hey, Adam!"
"Yeah Maynard?"
"Remember when we wrote that song using riffs from all our old songs, and made it about aliens? And everyone thought it was the greatest song ever?"
"Yeah, that was fucking hilarious!"

END JOKE>

I like the song. It's pretty damn cool. Too bad it's just a joke, and it uses riffs from at least four other tool songs, and the song was made as a complete joke.
Ok, so let me get this straight because I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're saying. Are you implying that this song is just a JOKE?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote