View Single Post
The Outlaw
05-16-2006, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derge
No. These are fans who joined the TOOL bandwagon after Lateralus debuted. The thinking from fans before '01 and after are very different. I personally dislike these newer fans, being un-enlightened. (not by Tool but in general)
Outlaw: You want your existence verified by posting useless crap and hoping others agree on or spit vitriol. Screen name old? From somewhere else but not here.
I like track 8. Most thoughts either way is meaningless.
Tool will always sound like Tool. They won't sound like Nirvana, Metallica, Shakira.
So from Opiate to 10,000 Days, why do people complain Maynard sounds like Maynard.
It is soooo DUHH GEORGE!!!
The screen name is old. Look under it, signed up march 2003.

Of course tool sounds like tool, that's why i love them. Because they have that "tool" quality to them, and you know what i'm talking about. Hell, the entire album sounds like tool, and that's fine. But there's a difference between a band having a quality, and reusing old material. I'm not trying to verify my existence. I made an observation. And i'm going to make another observation. You're not enlightened, you're just one of those arrogant people that claims to be enlightened because he can't come to terms with the fact that he's unremarkable. It seems to me that an "enlightened" person would probably consider the possibility that maybe one human being just wanted to post an opinion on a forum called OPINION. But then again, i'm not enlightened, so I guess I wouldn't know.

This song re-uses riffs and it's silly, simply because of the fact that the riffs are re-used. Not because the song just sounds similar to other songs.

Can i hear some more feedback on this? I've actually heard some interesting things from people talking about things such as this having an overall theme to connect it to other tool songs. Interesting concept, I'd like to hear your explanations why.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:56 PM   #30
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Honestly, Are you serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derge
No. These are fans who joined the TOOL bandwagon after Lateralus debuted. The thinking from fans before '01 and after are very different. I personally dislike these newer fans, being un-enlightened. (not by Tool but in general)
Outlaw: You want your existence verified by posting useless crap and hoping others agree on or spit vitriol. Screen name old? From somewhere else but not here.
I like track 8. Most thoughts either way is meaningless.
Tool will always sound like Tool. They won't sound like Nirvana, Metallica, Shakira.
So from Opiate to 10,000 Days, why do people complain Maynard sounds like Maynard.
It is soooo DUHH GEORGE!!!
The screen name is old. Look under it, signed up march 2003.

Of course tool sounds like tool, that's why i love them. Because they have that "tool" quality to them, and you know what i'm talking about. Hell, the entire album sounds like tool, and that's fine. But there's a difference between a band having a quality, and reusing old material. I'm not trying to verify my existence. I made an observation. And i'm going to make another observation. You're not enlightened, you're just one of those arrogant people that claims to be enlightened because he can't come to terms with the fact that he's unremarkable. It seems to me that an "enlightened" person would probably consider the possibility that maybe one human being just wanted to post an opinion on a forum called OPINION. But then again, i'm not enlightened, so I guess I wouldn't know.

This song re-uses riffs and it's silly, simply because of the fact that the riffs are re-used. Not because the song just sounds similar to other songs.

Can i hear some more feedback on this? I've actually heard some interesting things from people talking about things such as this having an overall theme to connect it to other tool songs. Interesting concept, I'd like to hear your explanations why.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote