View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 12:27 AM   #30
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 21
Re: 2006/06/14 - Hammersmith, UK - Apollo

Another awesome show, perhaps even better the second time around because my head wasn't spinning at the sheer awe like the first night, so I really got to take it in. Plus, The Pot is a rocking live track, it was pure energy. Best of all, sounds like tool are coming on another European tour late this year! Hooray!!!

Maynard was funny- "Are there any controlled substances in the house tonight?" before Rossetta Stoned

What I have been most impressed by (both nights) is how much of tool's sound is recorded, straight fom their set-up, with so little post-production on the actual sound of the instruments. The sound of everything was so powerful, but it was still just like having a tool CD inserted directly into my head and played by my brain. Lateralus may have melted my brain, cos it was just so intense.

Conclusion: I am lucky to be living during a time that TOOL are touring my country of residence. If you should be so lucky, then take the opportunity.
Help people, you lazy bum
OFFLINE |