View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 05:43 PM   #27
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/14 - Hammersmith, UK - Apollo

For me tonight's show was better than last night's show. For a start the vocals were much clearer and it wasn't so damn hot! I was about 3 or 4 rows away from the front of the stage, on the left hand side which was a much better position than last night (circle standing). There was a screw up on "The Pot" - did anyone else notice Danny burst out laughing when it happened? Quite a few Maynardisms:

"Do we have any Irish in the audience"? "Do we have any Belgians in the audience"? "Any Ukrainians"? (barely any crowd response) ... then a bit later on just before Rosetta Stoned: "Do we have any controlled substances in the audience"? (crowd roars YESS) - I thought it was funny. There was also a cool Rosetta Stoned - esque segue where Maynard did the RS blabbering with "new album" and "10,000 Days" audible - it was very cool.

Overall it was a very good performance but yet I still don't think it was as good as Brixton 2002 - I preferred the more mysterious and serious atmosphere of that gig as compared to the informal style of this gig. The setlist last time was better and much less predictable. Also the visuals were a little played out - some of the stuff reminded me of the visuals on Windows Media Player and the rest was mostly recycled "Lateralus" era stuff or taken from Tool videos. I hope when they come back in November they 1)Play Brixton Academy, 2) Mix up and extend the setlist a bit and 3) Do something really cool and creative with the stageshow.

Also thanks to the guy who caught Danny's drumstick and let me hold it on the train on the way home!

*Did anyone else get a weird automated telephone call this morning telling them not to bring bags and cameras to the event because the band had specifically requested it? NEVER had that happen before - the lengths Tool (Maynard) go to ...

Last edited by Spidery; 06-14-2006 at 05:54 PM..
OFFLINE |