View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 04:03 PM   #20
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/14 - Hammersmith, UK - Apollo

Well I'm surprised that nobody has yet noted that the band came to the front of the stage at one point and sat on the ledge. They sat for a couple of minutes, milking the crowd, and then got back up to play a few more songs. I think they were probably tired from such an intense set.

I have a feeling that this was a special gig for TooL - they mixed things up a fair amount and mixed a couple of intros with other tracks. It sounded like this crowd was perfectly in tune with the band at some points, like the "praying for tidal waves" bit which got a sea of hands waving in the air.

Danny did a number of drum solos - one was very tribal and I found my self having an immense attack of energy. In addition, some of the more intense drum sections on hte albums were made even heavier/longer for the gig. Absolutely incredible.

On the bad side - I thnk two early tracks were slightly over-bassed and heard a couple of bits that sounded accidentally a beat or two late. All in all that probably added to the feeling of hearing them live instead of listening to a recording. :)

Overall:Best gig to date. Truly memorable, and far more intoxicating then seeing them at Download.

P.S. - Hi to the guys we met and sat down with at the beginning (good to see some Cocteau Twins fans!).
OFFLINE |