View Single Post
Old 11-27-2002, 12:19 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: interpretation

i feel this song has a more general view of grudges, rather than them applying to relationships between people.... i think that this song fits under one of Tools themes of the inevitable end of days, whether it be the entire planet or just your own life..... for me the song is a warning for us to let go of our grudges and enjoy our lives before it is too late... whether our end be brought by a heavenly body crashing into our planet (the ever famous "planet X" theory: Niburu.... or just a comet... "saturn comes back around" ... you get the picture), or just plain old natural death... we should grow up and be honest with those around us... we should not be childish and hold these grudges, in doing so we slow evolution and we can't grow... another point made is we are in complete control of these grudges... and almost proud of them in a way....so we tend not to give up in the power struggle for energy no matter how illogical or what the cost "Clutch it like a cornerstone
Otherwise it all comes down
Justify denials and grip them to the lonesome end"......
to me all of the lyrics point in that direction... growth, love, compassion and art can not work with grudges and dishonesty...
we must learn to be honest with our selves and others before it is too late...
forgive and be forgiven....
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote