View Single Post
Old 11-22-2002, 08:56 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
the whole scarlet letterman reminds me of the red badge of courage by nate hawthorne. in the book, the red badge is simply a gunshot wound which serves as proof of your courage in battle. but what it seems like to me is that it is really just proof that you hold some minor grudge against those men on the other side of the field, men who you hate so much because of your grudge, that you would kill without seeing as people.
secondly, it sounds to me like the lyrics go, (and this is also how they are posted on the official tool site) "give away the stone, let the oceans take and trasmutate this.cold and faded anchor " not gold inflated anger. this seems to work better with the whole cornerstone metaphor. the anchor or cornerstone on which you base your grudge is by this time so faded out by the intense and blinding feelings spawned from it. it also seems like the kind of words maynard would use rather than inflated anger. but thanks alot for the saturn assention interpretation. anyway thats my spiel