View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 03:36 AM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/27 - Wembley, UK - Wembley Arena

Plenty of dumb ass belligerent fuckers there too sadly.

Show was absolutely phenomenal though! I agree, sound was much better than when I saw them Hammersmith Apollo in June. That was great but I think last night just topped it. Maynard was spot on straight away; you could here every word where I was to the right of the stage, right from "something has to change....". Set list was predictable of course but still brilliant. Great to hear Swamp Song and the newest material off 10,000 days just seems to get better and better with each listen.

Have to say, I was a bit concerned about the venues for this tour being the big commercial arenas. I mean take a look at the posters around the place for all the pop groups playing there next! The atmosphere was great and I know Tool are bigger now than they have ever been, but I just would have liked them to have kept it down to the usual theatre level. Have to see where they play next year after 10,000 Days has died down a bit I guess. And speaking of the level the band have reached now, there were far too many non-heavy metal morons there I thought. When The Pot started, all of a sudden a total bunch of idiots in polo neck t-shirts with pints appeared from nowhere and just started jumping around, shouting and waving their arms and stuff. It was like that was the only track they knew or something. Not real Tool fans. Plus it really annoyed me how people decided to have a chat to their mates and start moving out and stuff right in the middle of Wings/10,000 days, the deepest, meaningful, and beautiful part of the set! No respect I'm afraid.

The most annoying thing was that every time the security saw someone taking a picture with their phone or smoking, they came along and shone a light in their face, but it didn't make people stop! It takes the piss, calling it a no smoking venue when people were still lighting up around you the whole time and don't care!

But don't get me wrong these are minor quibbles; the show was brilliant! Easily the best night of my life so far! Its just such a privilege to see the best band in the world performing the best music ever created right there in front of you. Unforgettable. All 4 of them are absolute geniuses. Cannot wait for the next chance to see them!
OFFLINE |