View Single Post
PhilfromAustin
06-23-2010, 08:50 AM

This was my favorite Tool show.

The sound was extremely forceful. Great acoustics. I let somebody take a few drags off my joint, so he invited me to his suite upstairs. Great view, free drinks, fun times.

Third Eye was very sick. Very intense. If theres one thing this band is impeccable at, it's creating a sense of urgency with each song. Danny Carey went absolutely crazy during this song.

This was my 6th or 7th Tool show, and I have never heard Carey go so crazy. Last tour, I was familiar with 90% of the fills he was using, and they were easily identifiable. This time...wow, he was pulling amazing new stuff left and right. Cedar Park got a drum solo in the middle of Lateralus, too. Some say that the drum solos create a disconnect with the song. I disagree. Danny was able to masterfully paint a beginning an end with his solo to where everything just flowed right into his high hat tapping that starts the interlude.

There were a few flubs here and there. Maynard missed his "PRYING OPEN.." queue after the extended ending (which was amazing). He pulled it together, however, and I'm sure no one minded. I honestly think he was zoned out and totally enthralled like everyone else that was listening. Also, in The Patient, Justin's sound was turned off pretty much, so I guess you could say we got an extended intro...lol. You could feel the panic rising with Justin, as he got frustrated and didn't understand what was wrong. Then a tech guy ran and plugged something back in. The intro lasted maybe 30-45 more seconds than normal. Sure enough, Danny and co. were able to hold it together. The end of The Patient is pure bliss with Adams screeching guitar harmonics!

Intolerance was amazing. The extension was much appreciated. One thing i'd like to again note, is how crazy Danny went on all of these little extension parts. There was a time where I felt the big guy was starting to get old, his speed and stamina dropping somewhat. Let me just say that this guy is back to Demigod status. No joke.

The intermission was great, as always. If anyone has any idea where that Sacred Geometry art can be obtained, let me know. Its beautiful.

I think Maynard said something like, "It'll be fine...unless you're stupid." lol He also gave a very warm, "Thank you Texas." I have no idea what he said right before Aenima but he said it with a rowdy "Lets Party!" tone of voice then jumped into the song. He sounded like he was having fun.

I can't express enough how awesome Third Eye was. It was unbelievably intense... Adam's solos with Danny's fills were just like them talking in a conversation, letting us listen in.

Go to this show.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #35
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.22.2010 - Cedar Park, TX @ Cedar Park Center

This was my favorite Tool show.

The sound was extremely forceful. Great acoustics. I let somebody take a few drags off my joint, so he invited me to his suite upstairs. Great view, free drinks, fun times.

Third Eye was very sick. Very intense. If theres one thing this band is impeccable at, it's creating a sense of urgency with each song. Danny Carey went absolutely crazy during this song.

This was my 6th or 7th Tool show, and I have never heard Carey go so crazy. Last tour, I was familiar with 90% of the fills he was using, and they were easily identifiable. This time...wow, he was pulling amazing new stuff left and right. Cedar Park got a drum solo in the middle of Lateralus, too. Some say that the drum solos create a disconnect with the song. I disagree. Danny was able to masterfully paint a beginning an end with his solo to where everything just flowed right into his high hat tapping that starts the interlude.

There were a few flubs here and there. Maynard missed his "PRYING OPEN.." queue after the extended ending (which was amazing). He pulled it together, however, and I'm sure no one minded. I honestly think he was zoned out and totally enthralled like everyone else that was listening. Also, in The Patient, Justin's sound was turned off pretty much, so I guess you could say we got an extended intro...lol. You could feel the panic rising with Justin, as he got frustrated and didn't understand what was wrong. Then a tech guy ran and plugged something back in. The intro lasted maybe 30-45 more seconds than normal. Sure enough, Danny and co. were able to hold it together. The end of The Patient is pure bliss with Adams screeching guitar harmonics!

Intolerance was amazing. The extension was much appreciated. One thing i'd like to again note, is how crazy Danny went on all of these little extension parts. There was a time where I felt the big guy was starting to get old, his speed and stamina dropping somewhat. Let me just say that this guy is back to Demigod status. No joke.

The intermission was great, as always. If anyone has any idea where that Sacred Geometry art can be obtained, let me know. Its beautiful.

I think Maynard said something like, "It'll be fine...unless you're stupid." lol He also gave a very warm, "Thank you Texas." I have no idea what he said right before Aenima but he said it with a rowdy "Lets Party!" tone of voice then jumped into the song. He sounded like he was having fun.

I can't express enough how awesome Third Eye was. It was unbelievably intense... Adam's solos with Danny's fills were just like them talking in a conversation, letting us listen in.

Go to this show.
OFFLINE |