View Single Post
dave-tx
06-23-2010, 05:42 AM

9th or 10th show, haven't counted lately. This ranks toward the top, maybe third best.

I was one of those critical of the 2009 tour, particularly of Maynard (and I still stand by my criticisms), but they put all of that into distant memory with last night's show. Amazing setlist, and I'm glad I didn't peek at the previous setlists - what a fucking delightful surprise to have a Third Eye opener. It looked like the entire band was having a really good time and the performance echoed that.

I really appreciated the three additions to the setlist - the anticipation of "what's coming next?" was one thing that I sorely missed from last year's shows.

The sound was quite good from where I was sitting. The lighting was absolutely amazing. Junior and his crew did a great job. Not to be a kiss-ass, but they're really doing top-shelf work, and what I saw last night might be the best I've seen from them.

Wovenhand was pretty good. Reading reviews, I'm not sure I'd enjoy their CDs based on lyrical content (to each his own, just not the subject matter I'm interested in), but they put on a solid performance that folks sitting near me seemed to enjoy.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:42 AM   #28
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.22.2010 - Cedar Park, TX @ Cedar Park Center

9th or 10th show, haven't counted lately. This ranks toward the top, maybe third best.

I was one of those critical of the 2009 tour, particularly of Maynard (and I still stand by my criticisms), but they put all of that into distant memory with last night's show. Amazing setlist, and I'm glad I didn't peek at the previous setlists - what a fucking delightful surprise to have a Third Eye opener. It looked like the entire band was having a really good time and the performance echoed that.

I really appreciated the three additions to the setlist - the anticipation of "what's coming next?" was one thing that I sorely missed from last year's shows.

The sound was quite good from where I was sitting. The lighting was absolutely amazing. Junior and his crew did a great job. Not to be a kiss-ass, but they're really doing top-shelf work, and what I saw last night might be the best I've seen from them.

Wovenhand was pretty good. Reading reviews, I'm not sure I'd enjoy their CDs based on lyrical content (to each his own, just not the subject matter I'm interested in), but they put on a solid performance that folks sitting near me seemed to enjoy.
OFFLINE |