View Single Post
RainchilDrummer
06-23-2010, 12:36 AM

Dude- I would have bought this ticket. I drove up from Houston with my buddy riding at the last minute. Was PLANNING on buying some tix from a guy on Craigslist...then he totally went rogue right before we got there. Ended up seeing 1 scalper outside after the show had started (by the way left Houston at 7:15 in traffic on the west loop, ended up in Austin turning on 183 at 9:15. Got to the venue around 9:35. Hauled f'n A!)....back to the scalper: he had ONE ticket for sale in section 118, Row D, seat 14. It was a great seat. Pretty much the same seats that I had for Houston. Well my buddy couldn't find one ticket for sale at that time, so I had him meet up with me outside the smoking deck. Gave him my ticket, he went with someone to blaze up for a minute, then made it in with the ticket I bought and handed him ("yeah they didn't scan it on the way out")!!! Also, this was his first Tool show- my 5th.

Out of 2002 (Lateralus tour in Dallas), 2006 (Woodlands), 2009 (San Antonio), & the Houston show prior days before, this was probably the tops. Sound was EXCELLENT...FAR SUPERIOR to that of the Toyota Center in Houston. The sound pressure levels in Houston were SO DOWN, I ended up passing out during some of the set (then again that could have been the combination of muscle relaxers & alcohol). So tonight's show was a sober show and it was very, VERY pleasant. I went from thinking- hell yeah I'm just gonna go see Tool tonight to driving up there to finding out that 2 of us wouldn't be able to get in to rocking the PHUCK OUT with some GREAT fans. Even though it was the same set, I definitely feel that Danny was more powerful and the songs trumped Houston's versions. I dunno- maybe it was just my mind at the time. Maynard had a little less to say this evening, but when it was all over: the Austin crowd definitely gave a better ovation and praise in the end than Houston did. I guess the fact that it was on Sunday might've had something to do with that. (NO MORE SUNDAY SHOWS. EVER! GOT THAT GUYS/Management!?)

As far as this guy goes: damn, that sucks- wish I could've gotten that extra ticket. I feel really horrible that you didn't get to go...but didn't you look on the ticket to see that it was for today???!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraceTdOxOmL View Post
i bought a ticket to this show this morning and for some reason thought it was tomorrow. i found out when a few dudes came into the bar i was hangin out at and started talking about the show. I FUCKING MISSED IT!!! im such an idiot!
edit: damn that drive back will suck the everlasting life out of you. going to Austin and back and watching Tool do the powerful shit they do- all within a matter of a few hours will put your head in a weird place. good stuff though, very pleased with myself that I acted upon thinking.

Last edited by RainchilDrummer; 06-23-2010 at 12:41 AM..
Old 06-23-2010, 12:36 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.22.2010 - Cedar Park, TX @ Cedar Park Center

Dude- I would have bought this ticket. I drove up from Houston with my buddy riding at the last minute. Was PLANNING on buying some tix from a guy on Craigslist...then he totally went rogue right before we got there. Ended up seeing 1 scalper outside after the show had started (by the way left Houston at 7:15 in traffic on the west loop, ended up in Austin turning on 183 at 9:15. Got to the venue around 9:35. Hauled f'n A!)....back to the scalper: he had ONE ticket for sale in section 118, Row D, seat 14. It was a great seat. Pretty much the same seats that I had for Houston. Well my buddy couldn't find one ticket for sale at that time, so I had him meet up with me outside the smoking deck. Gave him my ticket, he went with someone to blaze up for a minute, then made it in with the ticket I bought and handed him ("yeah they didn't scan it on the way out")!!! Also, this was his first Tool show- my 5th.

Out of 2002 (Lateralus tour in Dallas), 2006 (Woodlands), 2009 (San Antonio), & the Houston show prior days before, this was probably the tops. Sound was EXCELLENT...FAR SUPERIOR to that of the Toyota Center in Houston. The sound pressure levels in Houston were SO DOWN, I ended up passing out during some of the set (then again that could have been the combination of muscle relaxers & alcohol). So tonight's show was a sober show and it was very, VERY pleasant. I went from thinking- hell yeah I'm just gonna go see Tool tonight to driving up there to finding out that 2 of us wouldn't be able to get in to rocking the PHUCK OUT with some GREAT fans. Even though it was the same set, I definitely feel that Danny was more powerful and the songs trumped Houston's versions. I dunno- maybe it was just my mind at the time. Maynard had a little less to say this evening, but when it was all over: the Austin crowd definitely gave a better ovation and praise in the end than Houston did. I guess the fact that it was on Sunday might've had something to do with that. (NO MORE SUNDAY SHOWS. EVER! GOT THAT GUYS/Management!?)

As far as this guy goes: damn, that sucks- wish I could've gotten that extra ticket. I feel really horrible that you didn't get to go...but didn't you look on the ticket to see that it was for today???!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraceTdOxOmL View Post
i bought a ticket to this show this morning and for some reason thought it was tomorrow. i found out when a few dudes came into the bar i was hangin out at and started talking about the show. I FUCKING MISSED IT!!! im such an idiot!
edit: damn that drive back will suck the everlasting life out of you. going to Austin and back and watching Tool do the powerful shit they do- all within a matter of a few hours will put your head in a weird place. good stuff though, very pleased with myself that I acted upon thinking.

Last edited by RainchilDrummer; 06-23-2010 at 12:41 AM..
OFFLINE |