View Single Post
81/350
06-22-2010, 11:04 PM

first of all i've gotta say about wovenhand that they did not completely suck. stupid usher put us on second row at first when our seats were in back of section. i knew that shit was too good to last. but i got to watch wovenhand really closely. strange sound but not as bad as some i've seen. then again it's not fair what i think because i'm there to see tool and whoever is opening is not tool so go away. but this was not the worst tool opener i've seen. they german? (haven't looked them up) what was that lute/lyre stringed instrument he was playing on that one song? it was cool

dude i've seen tool 9 times now and this was a fucking awesome show, but not my new number 1. more like 3 or 4.
but i was on the floor for the first time at a tool show and it was amazing. (so that's what it's like) but i think the place to be would have been in the stands here. it was so small the power of the music would've just smashed u against the wall. on the floor the power or energy of the music maybe over my head so to speak and i want i to hit me square on in the chest for lack of a better description. but i am NOT complaining tho what a fucking great experience.

i will just say real quick fuck the naysayers from last years tour, but i understand their beef. it was the same setlist for a while but i could've watched that same show every night and been completely satisfied. and dallas in specific last year was the second best tool show i've personally ever been to and i was five rows from the roof. that shit rocked tho. and as for what they said about maynard not being into the shows, maybe they were right but the shows still rocked and that's what counts. tonite tho mjk seemed pretty into it. nice to see him mobile. coming to front of stage taking pix with phone. tight.

but to quote kanaduh from the other day: THEY FUCKING OPENED WITH THIRD EYE! extended and live- legit! One highlight fo sho.
seems like all of the energy of that amazing opener tapped the band out for a little cuz jambi stinkfist and vicarious seemed slightly less energetic as shows past, but that's just an observation not a complaint cuz they still rocked my shit. i love jambi live and the extended part of stinkfist- well i almost can't listen to the album version anymore cuz of that extension- amazing. vicarious, one of my less favorite tool songs, but EXCELLENT live, even without as much energy. seemed like the vocals were a bit low but it always seems that way to me on this song. part of y it's not so high up there for me.

it was so nice to see eon blue and the patient back in the mix after 8 years. and even tho it's not as fast paced or intense as say, jambi, it seems to me that this is where the band caught their second wind and they rocked that version tonite.

intolerance live and extended was the highlight of the night for me. WOW! First time to see that song. great stuff.

schism- great. love that sped up part in the middle
46&2 one of my favorites anyway so watching danny shred is always a treat.

lateralus was perfect tonite. weird seeing that short of a version tho. but i think i liked it better without somebody else taking away from danny's drumming. DC is a monster. go dude.

Really amazing rendition of aenema tonite. again not my fav tool song, but tonite's version blew me away.

the lights and screen show were new and improved. awesome job junior and crew

i love this band. thank u guys for an amazing show and twenty plus years of awesome music.

Last edited by 81/350; 06-23-2010 at 07:16 AM..
Old 06-22-2010, 11:04 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.22.2010 - Cedar Park, TX @ Cedar Park Center

first of all i've gotta say about wovenhand that they did not completely suck. stupid usher put us on second row at first when our seats were in back of section. i knew that shit was too good to last. but i got to watch wovenhand really closely. strange sound but not as bad as some i've seen. then again it's not fair what i think because i'm there to see tool and whoever is opening is not tool so go away. but this was not the worst tool opener i've seen. they german? (haven't looked them up) what was that lute/lyre stringed instrument he was playing on that one song? it was cool

dude i've seen tool 9 times now and this was a fucking awesome show, but not my new number 1. more like 3 or 4.
but i was on the floor for the first time at a tool show and it was amazing. (so that's what it's like) but i think the place to be would have been in the stands here. it was so small the power of the music would've just smashed u against the wall. on the floor the power or energy of the music maybe over my head so to speak and i want i to hit me square on in the chest for lack of a better description. but i am NOT complaining tho what a fucking great experience.

i will just say real quick fuck the naysayers from last years tour, but i understand their beef. it was the same setlist for a while but i could've watched that same show every night and been completely satisfied. and dallas in specific last year was the second best tool show i've personally ever been to and i was five rows from the roof. that shit rocked tho. and as for what they said about maynard not being into the shows, maybe they were right but the shows still rocked and that's what counts. tonite tho mjk seemed pretty into it. nice to see him mobile. coming to front of stage taking pix with phone. tight.

but to quote kanaduh from the other day: THEY FUCKING OPENED WITH THIRD EYE! extended and live- legit! One highlight fo sho.
seems like all of the energy of that amazing opener tapped the band out for a little cuz jambi stinkfist and vicarious seemed slightly less energetic as shows past, but that's just an observation not a complaint cuz they still rocked my shit. i love jambi live and the extended part of stinkfist- well i almost can't listen to the album version anymore cuz of that extension- amazing. vicarious, one of my less favorite tool songs, but EXCELLENT live, even without as much energy. seemed like the vocals were a bit low but it always seems that way to me on this song. part of y it's not so high up there for me.

it was so nice to see eon blue and the patient back in the mix after 8 years. and even tho it's not as fast paced or intense as say, jambi, it seems to me that this is where the band caught their second wind and they rocked that version tonite.

intolerance live and extended was the highlight of the night for me. WOW! First time to see that song. great stuff.

schism- great. love that sped up part in the middle
46&2 one of my favorites anyway so watching danny shred is always a treat.

lateralus was perfect tonite. weird seeing that short of a version tho. but i think i liked it better without somebody else taking away from danny's drumming. DC is a monster. go dude.

Really amazing rendition of aenema tonite. again not my fav tool song, but tonite's version blew me away.

the lights and screen show were new and improved. awesome job junior and crew

i love this band. thank u guys for an amazing show and twenty plus years of awesome music.

Last edited by 81/350; 06-23-2010 at 07:16 AM..
OFFLINE |