View Single Post
abrack29's Avatar abrack29
06-22-2010, 10:23 PM

Where I was sitting, the sound wasn't very good, or the vocals, to be more specific. Maynard can still SING, even scream, but I couldn't hear or understand it half the time. It wasn't as bad for me because I know all the songs by heart but my girlfriend was with me, and there were times where he was singing but you couldn't hear a thing. I noticed a few hiccups, seemed to be Adam a few times (messed up the end of Third Eye a bit, started Jambi kind of slow though that could be intentional, and a couple other parts just sounded wonky), but overall it was definitely a solid performance, especially from Danny and Maynard. I think Justin had some technical difficulties, I think I heard some strange noises during The Patient, he might have even stopped playing for a little while, and they seemed to take an extended break before Intolerance while some White Coats fixed whatever the problem was (though I'm just guessing what happened here, if anyone else knows more and would like to clarify that'd be cool). If anyone knows what Maynard was saying during that break (before he mentioned Time Travel especially) I'd like to know, I couldn't understand one thing he was saying because of the echo and the muddy vocals sound. I was a little disappointed to not get the long scream in Stinkfist that he had been doing the past few tours, but I'll live. Also, some guy in front of us spilled beer all over my girlfriends purse, that had both of our cell phones in it, so thanks for that.

But, after all that negativity, it really was a GREAT show, I'm just nitpicking (and the place being echo-y where I was and Justin possibly having tech troubles obviously aren't the band's fault. Just some ethings that took me out of the experience a little bit). This was my third time to see them, and probably the best, mainly because of the setlist, and when they were all ON tonight, they were great. I had tears in my eyes during Jambi because I was overwhelmed. I was originally going to sell my tickets tonight because I needed the money and the guy backed out last minute so I got to go. I was thinking I may never get to see them again, then bam, a couple days later there I was.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #16
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 06.22.2010 - Cedar Park, TX @ Cedar Park Center

Where I was sitting, the sound wasn't very good, or the vocals, to be more specific. Maynard can still SING, even scream, but I couldn't hear or understand it half the time. It wasn't as bad for me because I know all the songs by heart but my girlfriend was with me, and there were times where he was singing but you couldn't hear a thing. I noticed a few hiccups, seemed to be Adam a few times (messed up the end of Third Eye a bit, started Jambi kind of slow though that could be intentional, and a couple other parts just sounded wonky), but overall it was definitely a solid performance, especially from Danny and Maynard. I think Justin had some technical difficulties, I think I heard some strange noises during The Patient, he might have even stopped playing for a little while, and they seemed to take an extended break before Intolerance while some White Coats fixed whatever the problem was (though I'm just guessing what happened here, if anyone else knows more and would like to clarify that'd be cool). If anyone knows what Maynard was saying during that break (before he mentioned Time Travel especially) I'd like to know, I couldn't understand one thing he was saying because of the echo and the muddy vocals sound. I was a little disappointed to not get the long scream in Stinkfist that he had been doing the past few tours, but I'll live. Also, some guy in front of us spilled beer all over my girlfriends purse, that had both of our cell phones in it, so thanks for that.

But, after all that negativity, it really was a GREAT show, I'm just nitpicking (and the place being echo-y where I was and Justin possibly having tech troubles obviously aren't the band's fault. Just some ethings that took me out of the experience a little bit). This was my third time to see them, and probably the best, mainly because of the setlist, and when they were all ON tonight, they were great. I had tears in my eyes during Jambi because I was overwhelmed. I was originally going to sell my tickets tonight because I needed the money and the guy backed out last minute so I got to go. I was thinking I may never get to see them again, then bam, a couple days later there I was.
OFFLINE |