View Single Post
ProdigyDub's Avatar ProdigyDub
06-22-2010, 09:31 PM

That's exactly right. One of the most amazing things about a Tool show is that they are a fairly heavy band, and yet when you look around the crowd a night like tonight, the most movement you see is some pretty subdued dancing. Why? Because everyone is LISTENING. I find that incredible, and it really is an indication of the band's greatness.

Also, to echo Eulogy, the setlist really was great. At the previous three shows I had been to ('07 and '09 tours), they played the exact same setlist all three times, and I was glad to see they changed it up a bit for this tour. Getting to hear older classics like Third Eye and Intolerance was really a treat. Third Eye is a really terrific concert opener, too.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29
Re: 06.22.2010 - Cedar Park, TX @ Cedar Park Center

That's exactly right. One of the most amazing things about a Tool show is that they are a fairly heavy band, and yet when you look around the crowd a night like tonight, the most movement you see is some pretty subdued dancing. Why? Because everyone is LISTENING. I find that incredible, and it really is an indication of the band's greatness.

Also, to echo Eulogy, the setlist really was great. At the previous three shows I had been to ('07 and '09 tours), they played the exact same setlist all three times, and I was glad to see they changed it up a bit for this tour. Getting to hear older classics like Third Eye and Intolerance was really a treat. Third Eye is a really terrific concert opener, too.
OFFLINE |