View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 09:08 PM   #149
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/18 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeset View Post
My only other criticism, and it really shouldn't be described as such becuase it is a true testament to how far above and beyond these guys are as musicians than almost anyone else out there today, is that some of their newest rhythms, song-structures and time signatures are so bizarre and so complex that they make it almost impossible to consistently bop/bang your head, snap your fingers or otherwise get physically into the songs live. There must have been at least 10 times in the second half of this show that I had to outright quit even trying to tap my foot to the rhythm becuase my brain was just hopelessly over-matched.
As you said, I wouldn't really describe this as a criticism but I noticed this as well. I'd also agree that such is a testiment to their talent as musicians. I mean, I've never played an instrument (outside the piano and violin when I was younger) but I'm well aware of how difficult it would be to change the rhythm and the beat that fucking often. It speaks volumes of all of them and it was really never something I noticed until I was at the concert.
OFFLINE |