View Single Post
Opiate Son's Avatar Opiate Son
08-25-2006, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai_nese View Post
Here's a crazy idea:

Not judging who is and isn't a 'real' Tool fan.

How could you possibly measure that? By who heard them first? By who's seen them the most? One person could have heard the first half of a Tool song and be unbelievably compelled by it - so much so that she or he appreciates it more than someone who is a 'real' fan. Someone who knows every single tiny thing about the band and the music that she or he has gathered from years of gigs, VIP passes, websites, newsletters and magazine cuttings.

Who the fuck are we to decide who is worthy of listening to them. Who the fuck are we to assume that we know how to identify a 'real' Tool fan to someone who just wants in on 'the scene'?

Get a grip.

Oh, and Liquid Identity 010... nice work.

thank you! i get tired of listening to these "kids" talk about who likes Tool the most. completly retarded.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:22 AM   #64
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 43
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai_nese View Post
Here's a crazy idea:

Not judging who is and isn't a 'real' Tool fan.

How could you possibly measure that? By who heard them first? By who's seen them the most? One person could have heard the first half of a Tool song and be unbelievably compelled by it - so much so that she or he appreciates it more than someone who is a 'real' fan. Someone who knows every single tiny thing about the band and the music that she or he has gathered from years of gigs, VIP passes, websites, newsletters and magazine cuttings.

Who the fuck are we to decide who is worthy of listening to them. Who the fuck are we to assume that we know how to identify a 'real' Tool fan to someone who just wants in on 'the scene'?

Get a grip.

Oh, and Liquid Identity 010... nice work.

thank you! i get tired of listening to these "kids" talk about who likes Tool the most. completly retarded.