View Single Post
Garguantua's Avatar Garguantua
07-30-2006, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenA
Here you/we go:

These are a sample of what 'my' kids are listening to. I stole this from their myspaces, where you can play a song for people who are looking at your myspace, so I have included that as well.

Dan (plays bass): Frenzal Rhomb, You am I, The Darkness, The Doors, Tool, .jinn, Solver, Sleight of Hand, System of a Down, My Chemical Romance, The Vines, Australian Crawl, Avalon Drive, Metallica, Foo Fighters, Nirvana (Playing Last Minute – Vile)

Paragon (High School Band): Incubus, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Dream Theater, Metallica, RATM....and Rod Stewart (playing their own song "Your Enemy - which is fucking brilliant BTW)

Mitchell (plays guitar): after the fall, blink 182, all american rejects, wyclef, sublime, bob marley, system of a down, wolfmother, story of the year, dmx, box car racer, black eyed peas, foo fighters

Nick (plays guitar): Bloc Party, Talking Back Sunday, Death Cab for a Cutie, Gyroscope, Kings O Leon (Playing The Game – End of Fashion)

Claire: Foo Fighters, Cold Play, Metallica, Incubus, Savage Garden Jack Johnson (Playing We want more – The Living End)

Krystal: Michael Jackson, After the Fall, Anberlin, The Audition, Mariah Carey (Playing You’ve made us – The Audition)

Tyler: Tool, A Perfect Circle, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Go with the Flow – QOTSA, (Playing Crystal Meffin’ – McDevvo and Shady Piez)
Hi Helena!

Thanks for that. It's kind of fascinating to see what kids are into these days.
It's also nice to know that they listen to music from all ages and times (was a little disappointed to see no classical, or jazz. ( I love baroque music and Myles Davis and Charles Mingus). But otherwise...it seems like the kids are alright.

Would like to see what is on YOUR iPOD!.... Hahaha.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:17 PM   #55
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: A review after long thought and many listens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenA
Here you/we go:

These are a sample of what 'my' kids are listening to. I stole this from their myspaces, where you can play a song for people who are looking at your myspace, so I have included that as well.

Dan (plays bass): Frenzal Rhomb, You am I, The Darkness, The Doors, Tool, .jinn, Solver, Sleight of Hand, System of a Down, My Chemical Romance, The Vines, Australian Crawl, Avalon Drive, Metallica, Foo Fighters, Nirvana (Playing Last Minute – Vile)

Paragon (High School Band): Incubus, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Dream Theater, Metallica, RATM....and Rod Stewart (playing their own song "Your Enemy - which is fucking brilliant BTW)

Mitchell (plays guitar): after the fall, blink 182, all american rejects, wyclef, sublime, bob marley, system of a down, wolfmother, story of the year, dmx, box car racer, black eyed peas, foo fighters

Nick (plays guitar): Bloc Party, Talking Back Sunday, Death Cab for a Cutie, Gyroscope, Kings O Leon (Playing The Game – End of Fashion)

Claire: Foo Fighters, Cold Play, Metallica, Incubus, Savage Garden Jack Johnson (Playing We want more – The Living End)

Krystal: Michael Jackson, After the Fall, Anberlin, The Audition, Mariah Carey (Playing You’ve made us – The Audition)

Tyler: Tool, A Perfect Circle, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Go with the Flow – QOTSA, (Playing Crystal Meffin’ – McDevvo and Shady Piez)
Hi Helena!

Thanks for that. It's kind of fascinating to see what kids are into these days.
It's also nice to know that they listen to music from all ages and times (was a little disappointed to see no classical, or jazz. ( I love baroque music and Myles Davis and Charles Mingus). But otherwise...it seems like the kids are alright.

Would like to see what is on YOUR iPOD!.... Hahaha.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote