View Single Post
kites in knots
07-21-2006, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzur
I often hear people mentioning that this is Tool's most musically complex album to date. Musically speaking, other than rhythms Tool has never been complex, their melodies and harmonies are both pretty thin.
Dude, I couldn't agree more. I love them, but musically speaking, Tool just isn't terribly complex, and never has been.

PS: I miss the edgy Tool. As a whole 10k days just never has done anything for me compared to their other albums. I'm not bashing Tool or 10k days, because they are both kick ass! I'm just saying that I personally prefer the older stuff.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:58 PM   #50
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: A review after long thought and many listens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzur
I often hear people mentioning that this is Tool's most musically complex album to date. Musically speaking, other than rhythms Tool has never been complex, their melodies and harmonies are both pretty thin.
Dude, I couldn't agree more. I love them, but musically speaking, Tool just isn't terribly complex, and never has been.

PS: I miss the edgy Tool. As a whole 10k days just never has done anything for me compared to their other albums. I'm not bashing Tool or 10k days, because they are both kick ass! I'm just saying that I personally prefer the older stuff.