View Single Post
Sp00k's Avatar Sp00k
07-03-2006, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeny
Spook mentioned that Tool still have their edge because the music is 'much' more complex than ever. In my opinion, the songs are much more combersome (which is a criticism people who weren't Tool fans had of Lateralus) and while their are FLASHES of greater complexity, it's not all together more complex. Rosetta Stoned has that riff a 7mins that everyone talks about, but it's only for 1 minute.
Mr. Cricket,

If you would please read the rest of my posts, after the single word quote above, I was merely fishing for what our thread starter considered an 'edge'. With these "flashes of music of greater complexity", it is my opinion , that these flashes make the album. By "music", I'll center on Danny, and tweak my previous opinion and rephrase... Rhythmically, this is their/his most complex album. And if it's b/c of one minute in Rosetta, than F' it, that one minute made the album for me, imho.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:43 PM   #42
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: A review after long thought and many listens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeny
Spook mentioned that Tool still have their edge because the music is 'much' more complex than ever. In my opinion, the songs are much more combersome (which is a criticism people who weren't Tool fans had of Lateralus) and while their are FLASHES of greater complexity, it's not all together more complex. Rosetta Stoned has that riff a 7mins that everyone talks about, but it's only for 1 minute.
Mr. Cricket,

If you would please read the rest of my posts, after the single word quote above, I was merely fishing for what our thread starter considered an 'edge'. With these "flashes of music of greater complexity", it is my opinion , that these flashes make the album. By "music", I'll center on Danny, and tweak my previous opinion and rephrase... Rhythmically, this is their/his most complex album. And if it's b/c of one minute in Rosetta, than F' it, that one minute made the album for me, imho.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote