View Single Post
bitter_enigma's Avatar bitter_enigma
05-29-2006, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion
I can't see why or how anybody could think this is funny enough to keep doing. Stop.
Please note I am not a moron or an antagoniser and I have a problem with authority, but only that which affects real life issues... not this forum.

I have shown these "re-worked" lyrics to many people who find it amusing and clever and others who don't get it and find it baffling that I bothered at all. Bottom line is that this is just for a joke. If you don't like it, or you think it's pointless or think I am insulting tool in any way then you're missing the point.

I really like this song, which is why I bothered to read into the lyrics and do something fun with them. Just sharing some creativity to amuse others. If people think this is shit, they are free to say so, and I think they should be free to say so.

I'm not gonna start a poll asking people whether they think this is "funny enough to keep doing", but I assume that, like most jokes, some people will find it funny and some won't. Unfortunately, you are a mod and are therefore in the privleged position of telling me what I can and can't do.

I just think that this contributes and entertains more than some threads and posts by certain other users who have never been told to "Stop.", despite the banality, repetition or irrelevance of their contribution.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:16 AM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 23
Re: Not Quite Right in Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion
I can't see why or how anybody could think this is funny enough to keep doing. Stop.
Please note I am not a moron or an antagoniser and I have a problem with authority, but only that which affects real life issues... not this forum.

I have shown these "re-worked" lyrics to many people who find it amusing and clever and others who don't get it and find it baffling that I bothered at all. Bottom line is that this is just for a joke. If you don't like it, or you think it's pointless or think I am insulting tool in any way then you're missing the point.

I really like this song, which is why I bothered to read into the lyrics and do something fun with them. Just sharing some creativity to amuse others. If people think this is shit, they are free to say so, and I think they should be free to say so.

I'm not gonna start a poll asking people whether they think this is "funny enough to keep doing", but I assume that, like most jokes, some people will find it funny and some won't. Unfortunately, you are a mod and are therefore in the privleged position of telling me what I can and can't do.

I just think that this contributes and entertains more than some threads and posts by certain other users who have never been told to "Stop.", despite the banality, repetition or irrelevance of their contribution.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote