View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Alternate track order for Lateralus

To me, this is the alternate track order for Lateralus.

I do not agree with the "holy gift" idea yet I do think there is an alternate order for the songs on Lateralus. I think the "holy gift" idea was ambitious but I do not agree with deleting any part of an artists work, even if it is blank space.

This is what I have:

The songs in Lateralus can be split up into 7 tracks. Those seven tracks are 1.The Grudge, 2.Eon Blue Apocalypse/The Patient, 3.Mantra/Schism, 4.Parabol/Parabola, 5.Lateralus, 6.Disposition/Reflection/Triad, and 7.Faaip de Oiad/Ticks and Leeches.

The new order is as follows:
1. The Grudge
2. Faaip de Oiad
3. Ticks and Leeches
4. Eon Blue Apocalypse
5. The Patient
6. Mantra
7. Schism
8. Parabola
9. Parabola
10. Lateralus
11. Disposition
12. Reflection
13. Triad

*putting Ticks and Leeches and Faaip de Oiad together, you can create the seventh song.
*I will admit, my placement of Faaip de Oiad/Ticks and Leeches is subjective. This is how I see the pieces fitting.
*There are now two halves. 6 songs on top and 6 songs on bottom. "As below, so above"
*Each group of 6 having conflicting themes.
*Notice Schism is the middle track.
*"The one" and "The ten" that are referenced in The Grudge are the only two songs that stand alone.
*If you take "the one" and "the ten" along with the newly created seventh song (now tracks 2 and 3 and previously 8 and 13) you get 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 (adding 2 and 3 for 5 and adding 8 and 13 for 21)
*The rest of the tracks that were not used in the sequence above? l_a t_e r_a l_u_s That looks like the other paired songs including the last three of the album

I feel like this track order sounds more balanced.
Let me know what you think.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote