View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 05:51 AM   #62
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/24 - Manchester, UK - Manchester Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
The gig was amaazing, third time ive seen TOOL this year which rocked.

I managed to get an aftershow pass so got to meet justin after the show which was great, he was talking about how he was going to the chelsea match on sunday with danny. apparently he thought the crowd weren't really that into it, which is why he put his chelsea top on at the end to try and get some sort of reaction. which was weird because nearly everyone on here seemed really into it...

oh and as for the pictures and the smoking thing, i was talking to the security after the gig and the order to stop people taking pictures came from the band, they didnt want to do it (the felt having to walk throuhg the crowd put them at risk) but were told to and the MEN operates a no smoking policy inside the arena that wasnt an order from the band.

but apart from the it was truly amazing. lasers are the best idea ever!!!
Thanks for that. It's interesting to hear what the security guys think about going into the crowd.

It's funny how bands get a different 'vibe' to what you get as an audience. In the standing area it felt very 'lively' with a lot of singing and everyone really getting into it. I suppose though the band can see the seats more clearly and they are always pretty 'dead' by comparison. They certainly weren't too active on Friday.

Glad I wasn't the only one who got peed off with the 'moshing'. There was a woman and her husband/partner next to me and they were getting really hacked off with keep getting jumped on by those idiots. I don't mind the crowd pushing so much, years of watching big games with 20,000 plus on the terraces hardens you to crowd movement, but the constant flailing around of those guys was a serious pain when trying to watch an act like Tool, who's stage and light set is so busy!

Still, if thats all I can moan about that's more kudos to Tool!
OFFLINE |