View Single Post
timbo21's Avatar timbo21
07-15-2007, 09:36 AM

Great Show. Third time seeing them and first time in an enclosed arena. The sound , as was previously reported was kind of weak during Jambi and Stinkfist, but improved dramatically from there on out. For the first two songs, the house lights were on in my section as well as other lower level areas. (I was in 130 Row P, thanks to everyone in that general area for being awesome and respectful of the people around you. I felt lucky, because I saw alot of hammered people before the band even came out.) This was the set I expected to get , but it was still intense and awe-inspiring as usual. "Jambi" isn't a very strong opener especially at the slower tempo but hey, I was still rockin. I had a first-timer with me ,who previously had not understood the need for all the "ambient bullshit", but I think he now knows how that is more or less foreplay,which adds alot to the music as a whole. "Flood" was awesome and I was surprised that people weren't getting into it that much. "10,000 Days" was incredibly moving and epic, thanks to everyone around me that was listening instead of talking, I really got into the song alot more since it was much clearer than the last time I saw them. Truly a very powerful/beautiful song that translated alot better live this time around. I was in a trance for sure.

I was surprised when MJK sang the last chorus of "Vicarious", as people had been reporting that he hadn't been singing it. Very intense and incredible sounding. It worked as a closer and went well after "Lateralus". I looked over at my friend during the end of "Lateralus" and the look on his face was priceless. His explanation of the outro later in the car was amazing. Something akin to a jetplane landing on his face. haha. We jetted out right after Vicarious and didn't hit one bit of traffic. SCORE. Pretty much another amazing performance that once again cements the fact that I feel lucky to have gotten to experience this band more than once and bring people I care about to see them as well. Hope everyone had an awesome time as well.

Thanks Tool for being as inspiring and theraputic as ever.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:36 AM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/14 - Albany, NY - Times Forum Union

Great Show. Third time seeing them and first time in an enclosed arena. The sound , as was previously reported was kind of weak during Jambi and Stinkfist, but improved dramatically from there on out. For the first two songs, the house lights were on in my section as well as other lower level areas. (I was in 130 Row P, thanks to everyone in that general area for being awesome and respectful of the people around you. I felt lucky, because I saw alot of hammered people before the band even came out.) This was the set I expected to get , but it was still intense and awe-inspiring as usual. "Jambi" isn't a very strong opener especially at the slower tempo but hey, I was still rockin. I had a first-timer with me ,who previously had not understood the need for all the "ambient bullshit", but I think he now knows how that is more or less foreplay,which adds alot to the music as a whole. "Flood" was awesome and I was surprised that people weren't getting into it that much. "10,000 Days" was incredibly moving and epic, thanks to everyone around me that was listening instead of talking, I really got into the song alot more since it was much clearer than the last time I saw them. Truly a very powerful/beautiful song that translated alot better live this time around. I was in a trance for sure.

I was surprised when MJK sang the last chorus of "Vicarious", as people had been reporting that he hadn't been singing it. Very intense and incredible sounding. It worked as a closer and went well after "Lateralus". I looked over at my friend during the end of "Lateralus" and the look on his face was priceless. His explanation of the outro later in the car was amazing. Something akin to a jetplane landing on his face. haha. We jetted out right after Vicarious and didn't hit one bit of traffic. SCORE. Pretty much another amazing performance that once again cements the fact that I feel lucky to have gotten to experience this band more than once and bring people I care about to see them as well. Hope everyone had an awesome time as well.

Thanks Tool for being as inspiring and theraputic as ever.