View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #6248
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by millermt View Post
I posted this over on TA in response to Blair's latest clue about a unannounced tour show, and figured I'd re-post it over here to get additional thoughts:

New Tool Summer Tour Show is:

An anagram in the ingredient above. So the location of the show is presumably contained within "disodium guanylate". Note that Blair said an anagram IN the ingredient, not an anagram OF the ingredient. I take that to mean that not every letter of disodium guanylate will be used to come up with the answer. I think the answer has 2 "i"s or he could have just said sodium guanylate instead of disodium guanylate. So think of a location that has two i's in it.

I really, really want the answer to be Indiana (which fits), but I believe the answer is Indio.

Here's why I believe it is Indio. From wikipedia: "The town was laid out in 1894 by A.G. Tingman, a Southern Pacific Railroad construction boss." That fits the "off the beaten TRACK" clue. Also, junior stated over on toolnavy that the southern CA show would be somewhere they had played before, if it actually happens. They played Indio back in 1999 for Coachella. The unusualness of playing Indio, but not at Coachella might explain why this CA show seems to be a special case.

What do you guys think?
Im thinking youre definitely on to something.
OFFLINE |