View Single Post
ladycommish's Avatar ladycommish
07-25-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry View Post
what does "5" after Stinkfist stand for? And the (c) copyright sign after The Pot?
I was told the "5" is probably an error. it is after jambi on all the others, meaning they played the ending 5 times instead of 2. and the (c) after the pot is for key of c.

amazing night. just had to soak it in for nearly a week. I can't say any night was better than the other, but i'd say almost perfection.

my 7th time seeing them on this tour. sat near the light/vid/laser area in the back row of the orch, and the sound was incredible. i could see everything clearly, with the exception of a guy putting his hands in the air every 3-5 seconds. random screaming during the intros/interludes and "intermission" but not too bad. sure, they had a couple flaws, mostly by adam, but not much. he's improved 3rd eye (great opener) since the beginning of the tour. maynard dressed as a cop, (switched to t-shirt and cowboy hat before lateralus) drinking wine the entire time, did the whole 'back the future, do the math, hard to follow, ah forget it' before intolerance. i still smile every time i see/hear people singing in the long version of stinkfist. everyone was pretty animated. the video to the pot was cool - mostly red, with "people" appearing to march, and the forehead/eye thing, as well as lots of firey smoke. that song was interesting. many people couldn't really tell that there was a difference, but when it started off, you could tell it was lower. and heavier. i'd like to hear it again. i don't think i'd heard it since '06 or '07? and i believe adam brought out a guitar from the "wayback" days for that song.
dalek was just an odd fit during lateralus. saw them do in at night 2 at red rocks, and my impressions were the same - just odd. ending with aenema in LA is perfect. very cohesive show.

on another note, i saw alex and allyson grey, lustmord, chet zar all appreciating the work they created and combined to make the show/tour what is was.

every single show is different, whether it be subtle or overt changes in songs, notes, interludes, flubs, ambiance, production, stage setup, audience, or the venue in general. i think because of this, i will always be a fan of the band. they are incredibly talented artists, and their abilities have not diminished. maynard can sing. he can hold some notes that are just beautiful. danny will always kick ass, as will adam and justin.

a huge thank you to everyone involved with the show and tour.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:17 PM   #55
Introverted Extrovert

Bincount™: 6698
Re: 07.19.2010 - Los Angeles, CA @ Nokia Theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry View Post
what does "5" after Stinkfist stand for? And the (c) copyright sign after The Pot?
I was told the "5" is probably an error. it is after jambi on all the others, meaning they played the ending 5 times instead of 2. and the (c) after the pot is for key of c.

amazing night. just had to soak it in for nearly a week. I can't say any night was better than the other, but i'd say almost perfection.

my 7th time seeing them on this tour. sat near the light/vid/laser area in the back row of the orch, and the sound was incredible. i could see everything clearly, with the exception of a guy putting his hands in the air every 3-5 seconds. random screaming during the intros/interludes and "intermission" but not too bad. sure, they had a couple flaws, mostly by adam, but not much. he's improved 3rd eye (great opener) since the beginning of the tour. maynard dressed as a cop, (switched to t-shirt and cowboy hat before lateralus) drinking wine the entire time, did the whole 'back the future, do the math, hard to follow, ah forget it' before intolerance. i still smile every time i see/hear people singing in the long version of stinkfist. everyone was pretty animated. the video to the pot was cool - mostly red, with "people" appearing to march, and the forehead/eye thing, as well as lots of firey smoke. that song was interesting. many people couldn't really tell that there was a difference, but when it started off, you could tell it was lower. and heavier. i'd like to hear it again. i don't think i'd heard it since '06 or '07? and i believe adam brought out a guitar from the "wayback" days for that song.
dalek was just an odd fit during lateralus. saw them do in at night 2 at red rocks, and my impressions were the same - just odd. ending with aenema in LA is perfect. very cohesive show.

on another note, i saw alex and allyson grey, lustmord, chet zar all appreciating the work they created and combined to make the show/tour what is was.

every single show is different, whether it be subtle or overt changes in songs, notes, interludes, flubs, ambiance, production, stage setup, audience, or the venue in general. i think because of this, i will always be a fan of the band. they are incredibly talented artists, and their abilities have not diminished. maynard can sing. he can hold some notes that are just beautiful. danny will always kick ass, as will adam and justin.

a huge thank you to everyone involved with the show and tour.
OFFLINE |