View Single Post
fugitive538's Avatar fugitive538
08-14-2007, 08:31 AM

Well, well.
My third Tool show, and the "weakest" of them. (the others: 06 June Novarock -proof that they can sound good on festivals-, and 06 november, wien, stadthalle.)
I believe that the hungarian staff could be blamed for the errors of the show, they didnt sound loud enough (imho), Maynard's voice was barely audible, the projection screens went out during the intro to Flood, and only came back somwhere during Lateralus.
And not to forget the irritating crowd, with unnecessary waves of pressure, some pogo from around the 6th and 7th line, etc. (looks like hngarian people are that bad of an audience, or just Sziget attracts morons from all around the world, two days before NIN did a great show, but the crowd was irritating there too.)
And finally, - i believe due to some social problems with the civil community of the city (dont forget that Sziget is an island on the Danube inside Budapest)- all concerts on the main stage were allowed till 11 o'clock, hence the short setlist.
Anyway, Tool did quite a good job, Justin and Danny were very active as usual, Adam unfortunately had some small problems with his sound (btw Adam loks funny now that he ties his hair up and has a small beard and mustache:)), Maynard did all of the show facing the back of the stage, and looked a little tired, and pissed of by the errors, and -probably due to the intense touring- didn't sing every part of the songs, for e.g. the usual parts of vicarious, or the screams and the "overwhelmed as..." part in rosetta stoned, etc.
So not the best of Tool shows, a bit sad if it was someone's first live Tool experience, but still a good show.

Last edited by fugitive538; 08-14-2007 at 08:34 AM..
Old 08-14-2007, 08:31 AM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2007/08/13 - Budapest, Hungary - Sziget Festival

Well, well.
My third Tool show, and the "weakest" of them. (the others: 06 June Novarock -proof that they can sound good on festivals-, and 06 november, wien, stadthalle.)
I believe that the hungarian staff could be blamed for the errors of the show, they didnt sound loud enough (imho), Maynard's voice was barely audible, the projection screens went out during the intro to Flood, and only came back somwhere during Lateralus.
And not to forget the irritating crowd, with unnecessary waves of pressure, some pogo from around the 6th and 7th line, etc. (looks like hngarian people are that bad of an audience, or just Sziget attracts morons from all around the world, two days before NIN did a great show, but the crowd was irritating there too.)
And finally, - i believe due to some social problems with the civil community of the city (dont forget that Sziget is an island on the Danube inside Budapest)- all concerts on the main stage were allowed till 11 o'clock, hence the short setlist.
Anyway, Tool did quite a good job, Justin and Danny were very active as usual, Adam unfortunately had some small problems with his sound (btw Adam loks funny now that he ties his hair up and has a small beard and mustache:)), Maynard did all of the show facing the back of the stage, and looked a little tired, and pissed of by the errors, and -probably due to the intense touring- didn't sing every part of the songs, for e.g. the usual parts of vicarious, or the screams and the "overwhelmed as..." part in rosetta stoned, etc.
So not the best of Tool shows, a bit sad if it was someone's first live Tool experience, but still a good show.

Last edited by fugitive538; 08-14-2007 at 08:34 AM..
OFFLINE |