View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Anal Sex and 'Four Degrees'

Sorry about that last post. Now let me say something that has something to do with the topic.

This is my favorite song off the Undertow album, because of several reasons:

1. Musically it kicks ass. Some say it sounds very mainstream, but hell, why should all Tool songs sound different than songs from other bands. It also has a kind of middle-eastern sound to it, especially the intro riff and there's also a nice solo in it. Finally, this song might has nothing to do with water, but it sure seems to "flow" like it.

2. This song has many layers and different meanings. Some people, like ThreeDeviations, only take ONE meaning into consideration and proclaim it as "the truth" and then tell other people their interpretation is wrong. I think people should accept that any Tool song can have different meanings.

3. What this song means to me is very comforting. It tells me that there's more to life than just science. If I'm willing to be open-minded I can somehow "unlock" my true "potential" and progres in the search for Truth and Wisdom.

I think the difference between wisdom and science lies within experiencing things for yourself instead of just observing, describing and predicting. I'm not saying people should renounce science. It's not a question of "Us against Them". That's the problem we also see in religion nowadays. People say:"Our religion is good and your religion is bad", while in fact every religion is good. Something useful can be learned from each religion. It's the people who try to convince you to enter "their" religion whom you should doubt.