Thread: Weird Sound
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 08:56 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
yes.

This is my second favorite Tool song, and I love it. I never bothered looking at the CD time on my discman, but on my computer, the length of the song is 8:46, the last 2:13 of the song being the silence before Faaip de Oiad begins. On the album, the 2:13 could actually be on Faaip de Oiad (track 13). I'll have to check. That makes 6:33 of the song music.

I know of what you speak of, when you say "weird noise". I haven't figured out (or am I knowledgeable enough of instruments, though I do play the guitar) what produces this noise. In any case, if anyone is willing or able to tell me what makes this noise (bass, maybe?), I'd be greatly appreciative. Still, this noise begins to play 5:36 into the song, and repeats itself 14 times, adding 4 extra notes in on the 5th repeat. I hope this helps.

Note: I hear that alot of people are on stage during the performance of Triad. I know that the opening band's drummer normally plays, the opening band during this tour being Meshuggah, if you didn't know. I also know of a machine that is on stage producing some of the noises we hear in the song (possibly the noise this topic is centered around?). Who operates this machine on stage? Also, is Aloke Dutta playing the tabla during Triad? If not, I know he is on Disposition or Reflection (either, both?), and if anyone would like to link me to a source which would inform me of WHAT THE TABLA IS, I'd love it. All I know is that it's some sort of hand drum.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote