View Single Post
StillJIM's Avatar StillJIM
02-06-2012, 10:24 PM

Shall we dance? This was my 7th time seeing Tool. My Short/Quick Review: Very damn good performance of every song. Thanks to so many of the reviews of prior shows on this 2012 tour being negative, I wasn't sure if I'd be impressed or disappointed. I got my money's worth.There was no drum off or any guest musician for any of the set. I enjoyed it thoroughly from start to finish-short and sweet. Everyone in the band was focused and on point. People may be critical of how Maynard does his vocals now due to simply not having the physical ability to sing those songs like he did 10 to 15 years ago but he was in key and he did his job without sounding bad. I've never seen Adam Jones walk around so much. If this was Tool just "going through the motions and phoning it in" then I'm impressed with how they phone it in. I was in 111, 17 rows up-which is lower bowl on the opposite end of the arena. The sound mix was just fine and it was louder than I anticipated: I had to put earplugs in for 3 songs during the set. My ears are ringing now. I enjoyed watching the band and the visual effects from a distance, elevated a little and able to take in the panorama of the entire visual production. I knew all the recent setlists going in so I didn't have any false hopes of hearing some particular song, not that it mattered too much to me which songs they chose to play. An Aenima-dominant setlist is very cool with me.

Same setlist as the most recent prior shows.
Oziumrules's setlist is correct.
Stinkfist was not extended,
Schism was extended.
Good vibes from the crowd in general from what I got to observe. Considering that the venue is a large hockey arena, the sound quality was better than I expected.
Thank you Tool for coming to South Florida.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.06.2012 - Ft Lauderdale, FL @ Bank Atlantic Centre

Shall we dance? This was my 7th time seeing Tool. My Short/Quick Review: Very damn good performance of every song. Thanks to so many of the reviews of prior shows on this 2012 tour being negative, I wasn't sure if I'd be impressed or disappointed. I got my money's worth.There was no drum off or any guest musician for any of the set. I enjoyed it thoroughly from start to finish-short and sweet. Everyone in the band was focused and on point. People may be critical of how Maynard does his vocals now due to simply not having the physical ability to sing those songs like he did 10 to 15 years ago but he was in key and he did his job without sounding bad. I've never seen Adam Jones walk around so much. If this was Tool just "going through the motions and phoning it in" then I'm impressed with how they phone it in. I was in 111, 17 rows up-which is lower bowl on the opposite end of the arena. The sound mix was just fine and it was louder than I anticipated: I had to put earplugs in for 3 songs during the set. My ears are ringing now. I enjoyed watching the band and the visual effects from a distance, elevated a little and able to take in the panorama of the entire visual production. I knew all the recent setlists going in so I didn't have any false hopes of hearing some particular song, not that it mattered too much to me which songs they chose to play. An Aenima-dominant setlist is very cool with me.

Same setlist as the most recent prior shows.
Oziumrules's setlist is correct.
Stinkfist was not extended,
Schism was extended.
Good vibes from the crowd in general from what I got to observe. Considering that the venue is a large hockey arena, the sound quality was better than I expected.
Thank you Tool for coming to South Florida.